Son's first King

Son's first King from last September out of Oswego thanks to Seasquirrel. Great day on the water and a 7 year old hooked for life. All we talk about now is when can we go for Kings again Daddy? Thanks Seasquirrel!

PICT1056.jpg

Son's second King caught on 18 mile creek. Remember when catching a fish like this was as exicting as this.... wait, it still is! :D

LoganKing06olcott.jpg

That's the best. My son is now 4 but he helped reel in a smaller coho on a 5 color ledcore last year on the first trip on my first boat around memorial day. He went out with us on almost every other time we got out. He even picked the spoon that we trolled - monkey puke. He wasn't sure about the waves at first but now it's fun. He says we can't swim in the water now because there are SHARKS. I keep telling him they are salmon. Can't wait to get him out in the spring. - Mick

Thanks Mick and Jim. Nothing better than getting you kids hooked on fishing, the younger the better in my opinion. I had a pole in my son's hands at about 2 years old catching sunfish off a dock... he's just realized there is much bigger fish to catch now. Seeing how some of these kings strike and how big they can get, I could see why a small boy would think they are sharks...

And Jim, you're right, Dad was pretty darn exited too, probably more so than Logan.

The count down is on, not too much longer and we can start chasing those spring browns...

• 4 weeks later...