Net Breaker at the sandy creek shootout

We had a blast as always fishing this event.thanks to Brian,Rob and Matt for putting this together and a first class weigh in.

I had one partner cancel at the last minute and the other was 45 minutes late so we missed the first half of the early morning bite.we set ours lines down on a west troll and immediately got bit on a 300 copper pulling a custom minion meat rig.i was fighting  that fish when the rigger rod set at 70 ft. down took off screaming and came up on the outside of all our starboard gear and we had a mess on our hands when my fish got into it also.we worked together and with a little luck landed both fish that ended up being our two biggest at over 23 pounds a piece. After the morning bite ended we covered alot of water and picked away at them. Ended up with a  nice box at over 85 pounds.good enough for 5th place. On a side note I am really impressed with how durable this new familiar bite Pacific herring is.we have been catching multiple fish per piece since starting to use a couple weeks ago.and the minion meat rigs always put our biggest fish in our tournament box

• Like 3