Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MINNOWNITE

bearing carrier removal help

Hey guys, Been really enjoying everyones posts! but havent found one on removal of bearing carrier. I have a 3.0L omc. Water in oil. Pressure test showed the bearing carrier. Anyone have tips of what to/not to do to remove it? pully puller? diy with chain and threaded rod? 2,3,4 points of contact? heat? no heat? Thanks 

Edited by MINNOWNITE

Usually can find videos of most any mechanical maintenance if you search online. About a year ago I was changing the rear brakes on a Volvo S60. Retracting the caliper piston had me completely frustrated. Was a very odd procedure that was explained by an online video.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

lrg355 is right. I changed mine easily with the instructions found online. They give you tips to use common tools rather than specialty tools.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Topics

• cracked block help!!

Purchased boat in spring 2019. Used all summer and ran well aside form a water leak i thought was coming from the exhaust manifold. So waited till now to deal with it. Removed engine. Removed manifold. No leak...Ok must be headgasket... removed it ...didnt suspect anything. Had a mechanic look at it to give me some advice before reasembly and found the block cracked! pretty bad too. So...how to repair? JB WELD? Machine shop? find a doner block? Biggest issue im having is that the engine runs gre

in This Old Boat

• Found a Skull While Fishing - Need Help ID

Caught my first ever Brown trout this year. Also while wading, I came across a skull with a hunk of flesh trapped in it's mouth. Anyone know what kind of skull this is?  

in Open Lake Discussion

• Sea nymph help

Hello all ! I'm hoping to re-do the interior on my nymph and I'm looking for some insperation pics. I have a GLS 195. The previous owner took out the walk through and made a flat casting deck. I'm looking to redo his redo and rebuild the walk through. I'm hoping for some interior pics if possible, especially up front. I plan to put Livewell/storage where it was OEM. I'd love it if somebody had the boat local to buffalo that I could come look at, if possible. Obviously pics will be a big help

in This Old Boat

• Starting point help

Hello all. Looking to make 3rd trip up to lady O. This weekend. Last time got skunked. I have 19 ft cc boat. Using FF/spoons with riggers, dipsys, and copper. Launching out of Olcott. Any tips would be awesome. Thank you     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)

• Help me out

Im coming up sometime next week and im not sure of which ramp i should use. Im thinking mexico ramp or the one in oswego . im looking to troll for kings browns and stealies. Should i be by oswego river or .......

in Open Lake Discussion