Mounting Moore Sub-troll

floater

High everyone. New to the board. I've been trying to catch my first salmon and so far no luck. I scored a Moore Sub-troll for christmas and i"m wondering if anyone has a link to a pic on how to mount the cable to the clip that holds the sending unit? Thanks

Floater,

No pic, but here's how I've rigged the terminal connection to my probe:

1.) Burn off a few inches of the protective coating of the terminal end of your coated DR cable and make sure you have a completely clean stainless cable

2.) Slip on three or four crimps to this cable (for later)

2.) Take the U-clip which Moore supplies (open it slightly) and pass it through the top post on the probe so the wider end of the clip is passing through the eye.

3.) Take your burned end of your coated cable and pass it through both the post of the ST probe and the channel of the U-clip and make sure that there is metal-on-metal contact from the wire and the clip.

4.) After passing it through, take the end of the coated wire and pass it through the crimps which you slid on earlier and crimp all three or four.

5.) Apply the waterproof tape to everything and you're good to go.

Many of the top fisherman/women make up a swivel system so they can remove the probe when they want.

-Chris