Sam’s pro release help

Hey guys....was looking for an adjustable release to use with braid that would allow me to trip the board when running a multi board spread or just hooked into a big fish with inlines.  Read some good things about the sam’s pro release and picked some up.  Been trying a few different things with them but I can’t get them to consistently trip.  Anybody have any advice on these?  Which direction to rig (nipple forward vs nipple backward)?  Wrapping line from the top vs wrapping from the bottom?  Btw currently I have them hard mounted (no split ring) to church walleye boards with tattle flags.  Thanks in advance for any help....also if anyone has some other release method really dialed in for braid let me know!

14 hours ago, Jomat said:

Hey guys....was looking for an adjustable release to use with braid that would allow me to trip the board when running a multi board spread or just hooked into a big fish with inlines.  Read some good things about the sam’s pro release and picked some up.  Been trying a few different things with them but I can’t get them to consistently trip.  Anybody have any advice on these?  Which direction to rig (nipple forward vs nipple backward)?  Wrapping line from the top vs wrapping from the bottom?  Btw currently I have them hard mounted (no split ring) to church walleye boards with tattle flags.  Thanks in advance for any help....also if anyone has some other release method really dialed in for braid let me know!

I rig mine exactly like in this video. Every once and awhile I will get one that doesn't trip but for the most part it works as advertised. The only thing I do different is I double wrap the line in the rear clip, little extra security to not lose the board.

Edited by FishingFool34