Last year I got into a few browns around the harbor area in late May when I was fish for walleyes. I wanted to target Browns more this year and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give up any info. I'm wondering if I should stick to the harbor area while trolling or should I troll the shoreline farther either way? I am about 3 hours away so I only get out there a few times a year so I wanted to capitalize on the trips I do make. I always assumed you wouldn't get into them until May or so, when the water starts to warm, but I see some people are catching them now. Is the bite good now around Oswego? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

If you are going to Oswego now, I would suggest the harbor or the mouth of any creek that is pumping water into the lake, that is where you'll usually find the warmest water. We hope to start fishing around April 18 and will concentrate more so on the creek mouths and shallows in between to avoid the boat traffic in the harbor. Usually if you can find colored water you'll find some browns.

I fished out of wright's landing on Sunday. Great weather, bad fishing. I trolled out of the harbor and headed east with the dirty water. Ran boards with every set up i know. Water temps between 33 and 34.5. Came back and fished straight out off the east wall at the mud line edge which was 30 feet and picked up 1 brown on a green reef runner running 22 ft at 1.7. Never found any better temps..maybe this week's weather will help.