Hi, I read a lot of old posts about brown trout before posting as to not rehash already asked questions in recent posts so I apologize if you all have heard this before. I used to fish Henderson harbor and Oswego. Thinking I’m gonna try Rochester ,mouth of the genessee river area look for dirty water as days progress .where would u all recommend to keep the boat and where to stay. Pretty much stick baits and spoons on planner boards?  Any other new lures or techniques.I ’m putting a fish hawk temp speed on before the trip this spring. Any advice would be appreciated

Key is finding stained water... Stained , not muddy...
Spoons off the riggers and the Small size Chinook divers... Stick baits off of the boards..
Colors vary...for me it all depends on water clarity. Brownies can be caught in gin clear water... Long leads behind boat with natural color baits

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 1/17/2021 at 11:34 PM, Wentworth6 said:

Hi, I read a lot of old posts about brown trout before posting as to not rehash already asked questions in recent posts so I apologize if you all have heard this before. I used to fish Henderson harbor and Oswego. Thinking I’m gonna try Rochester ,mouth of the genessee river area look for dirty water as days progress .where would u all recommend to keep the boat and where to stay. Pretty much stick baits and spoons on planner boards?  Any other new lures or techniques.I ’m putting a fish hawk temp speed on before the trip this spring. Any advice would be appreciated

Early in the season Shumway should have slips if you're looking for a dock. Otherwise, there is a nice launch on the West side of the river by Charlotte Beach. Places to stay I'd look at AirBnB or find a hotel in Greece or Webster.

1 hour ago, Wentworth6 said:

Thanks for the advice. When is the earliest it’s usually open to fish. March ,April depending on ice. Are there any power plants or areas that would be open mid March?

Really weather and ice are the only deterrent out there. You can fish all winter long. The guys with inboards and I/Os will start putting their boats in sometime in April/May. If we get some good weather then Im in late March or Early April. I always shoot for April 1st.