Oswego/Mexico brown trip recomendations

I would like to get in an early browns trip out of Wrights or the State launch in Mexico soon.Has anybody been out of either-what presentations worked,where were you? etc. The earliest I was up last year was May 30- at that point for us most of the hits were on shallow riggers, not the stix on boards. I am guessing it's a surface program if anything at this point but I am not sure what spots to target,etc.

You can start at either. If you launch at oswego you can go either way up the shore. Standard stuff, small spoons and stix. Mexico, head towards the plant fish off the creek mouths and the high rocks. I hear goby patterns are good. Really just put a mix of stix and spoons and find out what they like for the day. Thats what I do.

RR

Concentrate on the creek mouths, I like mexico better more creeks to work from salmon river to plant. If the water is to cold and clear in mexico I would try oswego, always seems to be some color there, come out of the break walls and work the east side, be careful a lot of depht changes there in the shallow water. My best lures sre sticks black and sliver and blue and sliver and small stinger spoons off riggers. Mix color patterns til you find something that they like. Make sure you run your lures back at least 150 feet maybe more depending on how clear the water is, real important will make a big difference on how many you hook up.