Wrights Landing Opening in Oswego

So i just called city of Oswego, they told me they intend to have the marina open june 1st. Contracts have been sent out, to ONLY full season boaters from year before last. I usually get a half season, they are taking NO half season applications right now or new applicants for full season. If there is anybody on here that has had a slip in years past & is NOT going back please PM me.

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I had to get one at Bayside Marina in Fair Haven this year because Wrights wouldn't commit to opening this year. I finally got my renewal from Wrights yesterday. I don't intend on giving up my dock at Wrights because I have a summer place in Oswego. Not sure what to do with the Bayside dock now.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:31 AM, flashpoint said:

So i just called city of Oswego, they told me they intend to have the marina open june 1st. Contracts have been sent out, to ONLY full season boaters from year before last. I usually get a half season, they are taking NO half season applications right now or new applicants for full season. If there is anybody on here that has had a slip in years past & is NOT going back please PM me.

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wouldnt worry... There is going to be plenty of openings...   With the disaster that is about to unfold at that marina after they rebuild the international on the west side of the pier and jam that side up... It will be one of the most unsafe marina's to launch and operate out of in the Great Lakes...    

• Like 1

"It will be one of the most unsafe marina's to launch and operate out of in the Great Lakes...    "

That statement has it nailed.  With the mess that will be built out into the area west side of the "International" immediately in front of the launch and ramp area it will actually be very, very dangerous.  With the open water in front of the ramps now boats big and small have a chance to line up and wait for an open spot at the docks.  That area will now be a cluttered BY CITY OF OSWEGO APPROVED DESIGN dangerous mess.  No boat approaching the docks in front of the ramps will have a reasonable opportunity to safely prepare for docking and safely approach the docks.  All boats approaching the ramp area and all boats leaving the ramp area are forced BY CITY OF OSWEGO APPROVED DESIGN into one small space which actually does not allow a straight approach to the docks.  Let's face it, the mayor doesn't care one bit about boaters and fisherman and their safety.  Plus we are losing parking spaces because of the walkway to the arch.  We will now have and unsafe, inefficient launch area but we have access to multi million dollar fire pits.  Whatever fool designed this has never so much as launched a rowboat and the mayor thinks this is wonderful.  Maybe the mayor should be down at the launch area directing both boat and vehicle trailer traffic on a busy Saturday to understand what a disaster this is.