Fish Hawk Transducer install

Squad41

IMG_0609.thumb.jpg.b34c1fbce56a27f0ab3bbd5436558f91.jpg

I have a 17 Ft Lund and need to install the Fish Hawk transducer.  My only really option is on the same side as my sonar transducer.  Any thoughts on how far from the current one I should go?

Distance from the other transducer isn't the first consideration and may not be one at all. The question is what is the frequency (e.g. khz) of the existing transducer. The Fishawk transducer frequency is 70 khz. The currently installed unit can't be close to that frequency (e.g.  50 or 83 khz) or you will probably have a problem. If it is maybe 125 khz upward the problem should be minimized or non-existant even if the transducer is located close to the pother one.

• Like 1

I have two options the one on the boat is 77 / 200 khz, the other option I have is a 50 / 200 khz if both have an issue I will have to run the sonar at 200 while using the Fish Hawk.  I was hoping the 50 might work but I will give it a try.  Thoughts on how far apart they should be just to avoid turbulence from eachother I never have had two on the same board?

My hunch is the 50 will be a problem but let the data speak for itself:smile: give it a shot. As far as placement I have a transducer from my depth finder sharing a screw with the Fishhawk and it no problem. Turbulence from the main or kicker is usually the primary concern and you want a transducer away from chines or strakes on the hull and not so far outward toward the side on the hull that it isn't fully submerged all the time. The angle it is pointing should be checked and adjusted optimally and  the amount of protrusion from the bottom surface of the hull as well.

Edited by Sk8man

My hunch is the 50 will be a problem but let the data speak for itself:smile: give it a shot. As far as placement I have a transducer from my depth finder sharing a screw with the Fishhawk and it no problem. Turbulence from the main or kicker is usually the primary concern and you want a transducer away from chines or strakes on the hull and not so far outward toward the side on the hull that it isn't fully submerged all the time. The angle it is pointing should be checked and adjusted optimally and  the amount of protrusion from the bottom surface of the hull as well.

Thanks I temporarily mounted the 50 if it works I’ll change it out if not I’ll leave the 77/200 and run the sonar at 200 when using the fish hawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Usually what happens if they conflict is the Fishhawk goes on "random program' may kick out random numbers or none at all