Hooks

Single or treble that is the question :?: I have a bunch of hookless spoons that somebody gave to me and was wondering if any of you guys run spoons with single hooks? I have ran them way back in the day (like the Andy Reekers) but I figure there is a reason why the manufactures put trebles on them like for the added wobble.

Tom - I'm a proponent of single hooks. Most of my spoons are singles. You will loose a bit of wobble at high speeds (spin sooner) but you'll gain it at the low end. I'm sure tackle mfgs will say they test their lures but there's only a few that sell replacement hooks for their lures. You'd think that the "Brand X" mfg that claims his lure is the best would also say his lure wobbles best with only his "Brand X" replacement hooks.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

T, single or treble will work as far as catching fish,if ya keep em all sharp a dull single hook will set easyer than a dull treble , more important is the size of the hook as to the size of the lure and where your gonna use it in your spread good slider spoon should have lighter hook ,