Lake Ontario Parkway help

For the last twenty years,I have been taking the Lake Ontario Parkway from 390 to get to Olcott.Does anyone,know what the lowest overpass clearance height is on the LO Pkwy.?

You'd think i would know after all these years,but I don't. I've towed my Trophy hardtop on it with no problem,but my new boat is higher.From the ground to the top of the tower,it measures a hair lower than 12 feet.

Anyone know if I can make it under the few overpasses on the pkwy? I seem to remember some being around 11-1/2'

I tried several NY state and county offices,but nobody could answer the question. Thanks guys.

Big Easy,

Once you get out of the town of greece there isnt any extremely low bridge underpasses. I think there are 4 low bridges and I believe that you are correct and they are marked 11' and change. I have seen box trucks (which are 12') and tractor trailers (which are 13'6") on the parkway (illegally) but I would call the town of greece DPW and see if they would be willing to answer your question. 585-225-2000. If not you can easily reroute yourself from 390 to rt 18 latta rd to rt 260 manitou rd and back to the parkway.

Dear Big Easy,

As said above, watch out in Greece. Right hand lane is lowest clearance!!

I try to go under the bridges in the left hand lane if possible.(my height is 11 ft 10 inches to the top of my GPS antenna.).I have towed 13 ft 5 inches tall thru Greece in the left lane ONLY!! But remember the pavement gets redone and then the NYS DOT checks the height and remarks the signs, if neccessary. Be carefull, its still your responsibility if you hit the bridge!

Sincerely,

Jet Boat Bill

John,

Do you know my boat? The Yankee Troller? We tow it up and down the Parkway all year long. I'm not 100% sure the exact height of it, but we haven't lost the fly bridge yet. If your concerned with clearance you can always take Route 18 which parallels the Parkway to the South. I'm pretty sure that's the Truck route, and if they can fit so can you.