Cayuga report

Been out on Cayuga on charters 2-3 times a week so I thought I'd give a report. Fish remain scattered throught the column and into shallow depths. Most recent surface temp was 64-67 yesterday afternoon/evening,  warmest I've seen all year. The trolling bite has been consistent, but what they want and how they want it has not. Mix between flasher / fly and various spoons for Lakers, they haven't been on a "eat anything" type bite, for me anyways the last few trips out, with a few exceptions. So dialing in certain rods and positions has been key. The rainbow and Atlantic fishing has been good as well. A mix of natural and bright colored spoons is working , surface lines and 1-5 color lead cores with stingers is the most effective. Speed changes and direction changes as well have been getting my rods to move when things slow down later in the day. Lots of variables to play with and think about, but that's why I love trolling. Been having some people that have been wanting to try jigging as well and that has also been good but not crazy. Moving around to find active fish and then getting them to chase and bite is the whole game. With some effort, it's been producing pretty well on some nice Lakers. the best is yet to come as the fish get set up in there summer patterns. Good luck to everyone out on the finger lakes, have an enjoyable and safe summer of fishing. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

It's warm now.....upper 60s. Been trolling deep (60-90) to get fish. Spin-n-glows (white/pink) and spoons (mixed veggie and perch colored w/ gold backs) on 300 copper seem to be working best so far.