Horrible Fleas in front of Somerset 500+ fow.

Worst I ever seen. Been using 30 lb mono this time of year for many years. It did not keep the fleas off yesterday. It was like clothes line rope on a rigger rods after 10 minutes in the water. The rope of fleas was 5 to 6 ft long. Fastest way to clean it was to cut line at top of swival retie and put back out. Repeat every 10 minutes. I've tried Bloodrun seaflea 30lb and feafliicker 30lb neither did the job . I've heard some are going to 40lb on riggers , might try that. We were on fish out there, but I felt our presentations looked horrible because of the fleas. Best rods by far were my 300 weighted steel rods off boards.The thickness of the WS kept those rods fairly clean. The 30lb 7 strand wire diver rods were the worst, the flea rope on them would be 10ft long. Usually my wire diver rods are my best rods. I guess we could of picked up and moved 5 miles to try and get away from them. Will take any advice. Thanks

• Sad 1

It won’t last long. Maybe another two weeks of heavy load. The Niagara flow will have less so I tend to fish more west when the fleas get bad.  You can splice in 100’ of 40 lb mono to help rigger rods and do what guys on the East end do - use more junk lines

We discovered just hitting them with the washdown removes them as quickly and cleanly as anything. You can shake most of them off slapping the water but the ones that get on knots and swivels, just hit them with washdown..

They were so bad last week we had them on the hooks. That was a first. 

Edited by Chuck Smth

22 hours ago, Gill-T said:

It won’t last long. Maybe another two weeks of heavy load. The Niagara flow will have less so I tend to fish more west when the fleas get bad.  You can splice in 100’ of 40 lb mono to help rigger rods and do what guys on the East end do - use more junk lines

Could you clarify "junk line"?