keuka 5/1

Hit the Branchport end this am with my old man and a friend. We had a banner day with at least 20 lakers boated. They ranged from 4lbs to 8lbs. Same as last week, scorpion stingers and sticks in the top 30' of water. The 5 color core continues to be a hot setup for us. In the pic you will see a stick I put in the bigger ones mouth, that stick has been smoking hot for us.

may1.jpg

may1-1.jpg

Sounds great, I will not be able to get out until next weekend. Any water temp readings? I saw on the keuka lake web sight a nice increase in temp last week.

Any smallies in your day?

Dave

Thanks, the water temps stayed pretty consistant at 44.6 or so down to 25'. We did not pick up any random smallies. We stay in front of the launch for the most part. The farthest south we go is down to that boat house that has the crab on it.

Rapala GFR, orange Bomber, those colors are hot in the upper water column. Are you running that 5 color with the sticks?

Down the chute or off planer boards? Good temps for that top 25' of water. Nice job, too bad I am at work :(

We use those great big boards so we can send the cores way the heck out there. We usually put a 5 color on each side and depending on what is going on we will run a 10 color down the middle. The 10 color really hasn't done much at all this spring, I thing it is going under the more active fish that are up in the water column.

Yes, thanks for answering that troutman. I have no clue what the name of that stick is. Orange belly and kinda gold on top. Sorry I didn't answer sooner, just got back from a week in wilson.