Raymarine ev100 on 21’

Mrm31790

So I recently purchased a raymarine ev 100. Installed in my fish master 210. It has a 250 and 9.9. It works pretty good. Tested it out in the river near my house. Seems like it goes off coarse by 5-10 degrees then corrects. Not sure if that’s just how they are as I’ve never used one. Couldn’t tell if it was from current or just being on the lower side of power for the size engine. Anyone have this set up? Did I purchase the wrong size autopilot🤯?

Probably difficult to say knowing your in a river like you said. Not sure how much current there is. Did it do the same going opposite direction?  Do you hear pump activating (trying to steer) when your going off course? There is a feature to step up the response from leisure to performance. I use this when it’s windy vs calm days. Gives it a quicker response when boat is being blown or pulled off coarse. Not sure if you tried that. For what it’s worth it, the 100 does sound small for your set up. Not sure without looking.  You can verify it with your ram size on the hydraulics to what Raymarine suggests. 

27 minutes ago, Frogger said:

Probably difficult to say knowing your in a river like you said. Not sure how much current there is. Did it do the same going opposite direction?  Do you hear pump activating (trying to steer) when your going off course? There is a feature to step up the response from leisure to performance. I use this when it’s windy vs calm days. Gives it a quicker response when boat is being blown or pulled off coarse. Not sure if you tried that. For what it’s worth it, the 100 does sound small for your set up. Not sure without looking.  You can verify it with your ram size on the hydraulics to what Raymarine suggests. 

Yeah I hear all that. I went into the current and it held pretty well. Didn’t try any other settings yet. I went off the helm model when I ordered the system and it’s listed on the manual. The Delaware river is tidal and it has a lot of current at times but it wasn’t really ripping where I was on a flat. I’ll try the performance