Nippy Easter Shakedown trip - Sandy Creek

Headed out with the family after scraping the boats windshield (inside and out).  Truck said 28 for air temp when we launched - cold enough to make a nice hole in my older canopy window on the drive up!

Headed west to start, was muddy everywhere.  Setup in 15ft but took that out to 20+ and still had a blend of muddy but green water, darker than I would have preferred but it was hard to find that distinct brown/green line.  Loads of murky and green water all the way out to beyond 20Ft depth in areas.  Surface water temp basically everywhere was 40-41°F.

Only went 1 for 2 - both fish on mixed veggies - one on weighted line, other on 2 color.  Made my annual spring mixed veggie donation to the lake when our 3 color got hooked up with the bottom (young drivers).  Daughter learning how to drive the boat, immediately after taking her boater coarse - hopefully some of that sinks in better having actually applied some of the learnings!  I'll happily donate tackle if they are learning something that sticks.

Marked lots of fish but couldn't seem to get them interested in the bite.  Ran at many different speeds, 1.6-2.5mph GPS speeds both east and west, did alternating arcs, changed out spoons, and stick baits a few times.  Used lead core, 2 chinook divers, and split-shot weighted lines, some double weighted just to change things up a bit.   By 11AM the north breeze picked up a little and it was getting pretty cold to continue washing tackle.  

All in all a successful trip - no skunk - all systems worked as expected and the family had fun - what more can you ask for!  

20230409_173125.jpg

20230409_085707.jpg

20230409_071009.jpg

• Like 3