Lake Ontario Tweets Update

I have received a few calls, and a few texts, regarding the updates on LOT. Unfortunately, Twitter has discontinued the API we used to bring in the Tweets from our Captains. If you don't know what an API is don't worry most people don't. Its a developer term. However here is a quick lesson on what an API is. An application-programming interface (API) is a set of programming instructions and standards for accessing a Web-based software application or Web tool. A software company releases its API to the public so that other software developers can design products that are powered by its service.

We are going to try to get it up and running again, but it will take some time as the code needs to be re-written for LOT. I would like to open LOT up to our 'Pro' members, but I would also like the Captains Tweets to be highlighted so they stand out. I don't want our Captains Tweets to be drowned in the mass Tweets. 

Rick

With the new phone apps do you even need to use Twitter?

Maybe a new forum for instant reports with a section for the "Captains" and another for the  "pros" to keep them separate.  You could even make the 'pro reports' only available to other pro members for a little more incentive to sign up and support this site.

Roy