-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
gardening, fishing and thoughts about genetics
GAMBLER replied to rolmops's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
-
Fished the Catt with pequod1 and my nephew yesterday. We did a North troll and found 75-80 to be the most productive water. 60-65' down was the best depth with riggers. Spoons and harnesses were the ticket. We limited by 12:30 and lost 10 fish. Jim blamed the lost fish on Jeremy and I being trout and salmon guys! . The highlight of the day was a 29.75" beast that Jim reeled in on a diver.
-
for sale : usa WTB Yamaha 9.9
GAMBLER replied to whaler1's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Brandon White was selling one. Let me check with him -
Cancer benefit raffle - $1000 Eastfork Pro Marine Gift card
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Open Lake Discussion
IF your boat is more than 25', you can still win this. You will just have to pay the difference. -
Cancer benefit raffle - $1000 Eastfork Pro Marine Gift card
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in Open Lake Discussion
Raffle is up and running! -
I was on the fence until they added everyone will need a bow class. Will crossbow hunting all of bow change much? I don't really think so.
-
Queen of the Oak
GAMBLER replied to zach's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Reese redid my camper beds for me this spring. Great work and great lady to deal with!
-
-
Queen of the Oak
GAMBLER replied to zach's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
I would like to thank everyone that came out last night! Stay tuned, East Fork Pro Marine came up big and gave me a $1000 gift card to raffle off for winterization, wrap and storage for a boat up to 25' to raffle off! I will be setting it up and running it starting Tuesday next week! I also will be raffling off a free 15 yard dumpster from Upstate dumpster next week!
-
Thanks Keith. Here is a list of some of the things being raffled off: 48" x 16" Salmon filet board Reel Rage lures package Salmon Tackle package Movie Night basket Self Care basket Alcohol baskets in the ground tickets baskets Cases of Beer Cases of seltzers A Labatts Buffalo Bills mirror Zero gravity chairs Beach umbrella Golf umbrella Coffee and booze basket Labatt Tower speakers giant connect 4 yard game gift cards and a couple more I can't remember off the top of my head. I will also be doing a raffle over the next couple of days for an East Fork Marina Gift card!
-
Sold / Closed ROLLS OF TAPE FOR LURES
GAMBLER replied to VIRGINIA METZLER's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
Sold / Closed ROLLS OF TAPE FOR LURES
GAMBLER replied to VIRGINIA METZLER's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
Sandy 8/15, 8/16, and 8/17
GAMBLER replied to Gator's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
I'm not saying the same thing Keith. Some years are different and the kings are not on schedule due to weather. Just because everyone goes to the bar or the salmon river, it doesn't mean they are on the mother load of kings. Leave Sandy every trip and look around. If you see a congregation of boats, does that mean that is where all the fish are? Most of the time, No. How many springs has the Rochester basin been on fire for kings yet everyone flocks to the Niagara? Heavy ice years on Erie, the Rochester basin warms faster and the king fishing heats up quick. Everyone flocks to the Niagara because that is usually the place to be in the Spring yet the Rochester fleet has great fishing and not many boats around. -
Sandy 8/15, 8/16, and 8/17
GAMBLER replied to Gator's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
The majority of fished weighed in is directly related to the number of boats fishing a certain port. Not necessarily the higher concentration of fish. -
2025 Alewife Report and meeting information
GAMBLER replied to Lotalota's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
Sandy 8/15, 8/16, and 8/17
GAMBLER replied to Gator's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
I agree a lot of big salmon are caught on spoons. Heck, the last 30lb king to hit the floor on my boat was caught on a spoon (2013). I run about 40% of my spread with meat. If spoons are flying, I take it down to 25% meat rigs. I also have found I catch more kings on 8" paddles over 10",11" or 13" paddles with meat. Another very debatable topic! -
Sandy 8/15, 8/16, and 8/17
GAMBLER replied to Gator's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
I find meat has it's days. Some days it crushes kings and some days it only takes a couple. It's all about their mood. I always have a couple in the spread because it always seems to take the biggest fish of the day. The 5 fish we took in the Rt 18 Salmon Slam, 4 out of 5 came on meat. The smallest of our 5 came on a spoon. -
Constant changing of the structure, taking species out, putting them back in seems to be turning a lot of people off. I don't understand why reinventing the wheel keeps happening with the LOC. Taking out the Fall Lake trout division and the Spring steelhead division were the start of the fall of the LOC. Another big issue is the lack of weigh stations open in the evenings. I know a lot of guys that don't fish it anymore because of this issue. I don't blame the shops for not staying open since they don't make a dime off staying open late to weighing fish.
-
Sandy 8/8, 8/9, 8/10
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
I am sending you a PM








