Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. You don't pick a 5'6" 140 lb kid as a lineman or basketball player. You pick the 240 6'10" 240lb guy for your basketball team or the 6' 0" 300lb guy for your line. If you pick the 5'6" 140lb kid, you will not be successful.
  2. Next year, I will be bringing my boat up a couple times!
  3. Fished the Catt with pequod1 and my nephew yesterday. We did a North troll and found 75-80 to be the most productive water. 60-65' down was the best depth with riggers. Spoons and harnesses were the ticket. We limited by 12:30 and lost 10 fish. Jim blamed the lost fish on Jeremy and I being trout and salmon guys! . The highlight of the day was a 29.75" beast that Jim reeled in on a diver.
  4. Brandon White was selling one. Let me check with him
  5. IF your boat is more than 25', you can still win this. You will just have to pay the difference.
  6. I was on the fence until they added everyone will need a bow class. Will crossbow hunting all of bow change much? I don't really think so.
  7. I am raffling off a $1000.00 gift card for East Fork Pro Marine in Hamlin NY for free winterization, shrink wrap and storage for a boat up to 25’. Check out the link below for details! https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1ACnXmra9m/?mibextid=wwXIfr
  8. Driver? Buy that lady an autopilot!
  9. Reese redid my camper beds for me this spring. Great work and great lady to deal with!
  10. Gator Glow.
  11. Congrats Zach! Sitting in some pretty good company right there!
  12. I would like to thank everyone that came out last night! Stay tuned, East Fork Pro Marine came up big and gave me a $1000 gift card to raffle off for winterization, wrap and storage for a boat up to 25' to raffle off! I will be setting it up and running it starting Tuesday next week! I also will be raffling off a free 15 yard dumpster from Upstate dumpster next week!
  13. Thanks Keith. Here is a list of some of the things being raffled off: 48" x 16" Salmon filet board Reel Rage lures package Salmon Tackle package Movie Night basket Self Care basket Alcohol baskets in the ground tickets baskets Cases of Beer Cases of seltzers A Labatts Buffalo Bills mirror Zero gravity chairs Beach umbrella Golf umbrella Coffee and booze basket Labatt Tower speakers giant connect 4 yard game gift cards and a couple more I can't remember off the top of my head. I will also be doing a raffle over the next couple of days for an East Fork Marina Gift card!
  14. How much for the bottom two spools?
  15. What colors do you have in 4" rolls?
  16. I'm not saying the same thing Keith. Some years are different and the kings are not on schedule due to weather. Just because everyone goes to the bar or the salmon river, it doesn't mean they are on the mother load of kings. Leave Sandy every trip and look around. If you see a congregation of boats, does that mean that is where all the fish are? Most of the time, No. How many springs has the Rochester basin been on fire for kings yet everyone flocks to the Niagara? Heavy ice years on Erie, the Rochester basin warms faster and the king fishing heats up quick. Everyone flocks to the Niagara because that is usually the place to be in the Spring yet the Rochester fleet has great fishing and not many boats around.
  17. The majority of fished weighed in is directly related to the number of boats fishing a certain port. Not necessarily the higher concentration of fish.
  18. I feel that same way. Seeing dead alewife all over the surface and all over the bottom (on camera) was a little concerning.
  19. I agree a lot of big salmon are caught on spoons. Heck, the last 30lb king to hit the floor on my boat was caught on a spoon (2013). I run about 40% of my spread with meat. If spoons are flying, I take it down to 25% meat rigs. I also have found I catch more kings on 8" paddles over 10",11" or 13" paddles with meat. Another very debatable topic!
  20. I find meat has it's days. Some days it crushes kings and some days it only takes a couple. It's all about their mood. I always have a couple in the spread because it always seems to take the biggest fish of the day. The 5 fish we took in the Rt 18 Salmon Slam, 4 out of 5 came on meat. The smallest of our 5 came on a spoon.
  21. Thats awesome! So many overlook the shore opportunities in the 1000 islands!
  22. Constant changing of the structure, taking species out, putting them back in seems to be turning a lot of people off. I don't understand why reinventing the wheel keeps happening with the LOC. Taking out the Fall Lake trout division and the Spring steelhead division were the start of the fall of the LOC. Another big issue is the lack of weigh stations open in the evenings. I know a lot of guys that don't fish it anymore because of this issue. I don't blame the shops for not staying open since they don't make a dime off staying open late to weighing fish.
  23. It has been a great one. Jon just made one with a crushed UV tape instead of Flat UV. It looks sick!
  24. I am sending you a PM
×
×
  • Create New...