Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I am working Saturday and Sunday. I get out of work on Friday at 330 and could meet you guys in the Dewey / Latta area at 3:45. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  2. 1. Escape 2. Silver Fox 3. Yankee Troller 4. Runnin Rebel 5. Addiction 6. Rabid Weasel 7. Wonsome 8. Peace of Work 9. Double D 10. Pull The Hook 11. Triple S 12. My Mink 13. Bear 14. Rippen Line 15. Make the Turn 16. Team Jager 17. Get the Net 18. Fly N Fish 19. Team Boatino 20. Double AA 21. Jessica Rae 22. U-Betcha 23. Mr. Breeze 24. Salmon Boy 25. Scream'N Reel 26. Salmon Doctor 27. Knife Knot 28. Team Manatee 29. Reel Peace 30. #salmonlivesmatter 31. Chasing Chrome 32. Out of school 33. Tomahawk 34. Fin N Tonic 35. Scream N Reels 36. Maryland Boat 37. Rigged 38. Intimidator 39. Hook' Up 40. Live Action 41. Bronx Bomber 42. MissDemeanor 43. Nothin But Net 44. Draggin Fly 45. Team Black Nasty 46. Chasin Tail 47. AoxomixoA Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  3. It is a new event. How can he guarantee payouts when it is brand new? You guys are being a little harsh in the guy. I compared the percentages. Figure out the percentage difference from the grand prizes to the first place prizes and he is close. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  4. Not much difference in the Orleans County Derby ($4000.00 grand prize $500 first). Or the Loc derby $25,000 for grand prize and $2,500 for first in the fall, $10,000 for grand prize in the summer and $1,000 for first. It's new. Give it a chance to grow and the payouts will get better . I entered figuring the payouts would be even less than that. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  5. I got into it with a guy last season. His brother came up to the marina and apologized for his brothers actions since he did not know the rules of the road. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  6. Black and silver spoons trolled where the thermalcline meets the bottom will put browns in the boat. I target 54-62 degree water at the thermalcline / bottom intersection. Keep your speeds on the slower side (2.0 - 2.4)
  7. The states surrounding the great lakes and Canada are slowly getting away from salmon stocking. Keep that in mind when you do not have a division for one of the biggest staples in the fishery. On tough salmon years, people target lake trout. If the lake trout bite is the only game in town, are people going to buy derby passes when they can only have good fishing for a species that is not part of your derby? I think not...
  8. If you want to show them EVERYTHING you have to offer, you would show them a world class lake trout fishery along with a World Class salmon fishery!
  9. It amazes me that the DEC has not dropped the creel limit back. The population is super low yet you can still keep 5.
  10. Bring back the lake trout division in the Fall derby. People want more chances to win a prize. By cutting the lake trout division out, we lost 20 chances to place!
  11. Don't listen to Rick. He just wants to take your money ! Start here and work up to the pro level.
  12. Does it matter when it's 24lbs? Not in my book! Skamina or not that's one impressive steelhead!
  13. If everyone participates, the payouts will go up faster. I give you kudos for doing this Tacklebuster! I entered this weekend and enjoyed being able to fish a tournament in between LOC derbys. My crew and I will be joining the other one also.
  14. That is correct.
  15. I have more new colors and a couple more coming out.
  16. How are the rigs working out for you Nick?
  17. After pondering about this, it is my opinion that the laker division minimum need to be lowered to 18lbs. Yesterday we had two between 19-20lbs. Most Loc derbys, 18lbs will make the board. The LOC is bigger and runs longer (summer). Once this derby takes off and there are more entrants, I can see upping the minimums. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  18. Hmmm. That one is going to be tough to duplicate. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  19. Depending on the brand, over 1.8 the bites decrease dramatically.
  20. According to the lady from the NYS health department, Mercury levels in the great lakes fish have declined big time and are not really the issue. The reason they grind the entire fish and test it that way is because some people use the entire fish (fishhead soup and fish broth).
  21. The restrictions were just loosened this year. The NYS health department ran a study and found the contamination levels have come down significantly. I was one that gave blood and urine samples for the study. I eat a lot of salmon, pike, steelhead and perch from Lake Ontario and my levels were VERY low.
×
×
  • Create New...