Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,909
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Good laker bite and some kings and steelhead starting to show up. 150-230 has been the best water for kings.
  2. I would go with a Daiwa Seagate 60. 6.1 to 1 gear ratio and a way better drag system than the Convector. You can fit 300 yds of backing, the copper and a leader with no problems.
  3. Started off the morning I search of a derby laker. The goal was to find one over 18lbs. Set the boat down in 140' and started looking. After a short search, the fish finder lit up in 148. The rest of the day, we crushed the lakers but fell short of our 18lb laker minimum. The highlight of the day came after I rigged a ten color up pulling a chrome Luhr Jensen Dodger pulling a UV Chartreuse Dot Gambler rig. A 19.6lb King smashed the ten color down the chute! We had a bunch of lakers in the 15-16lb range. Most of the lakers were spitting up small 4" smelt.
  4. Here is the photo of the 31 from their Facebook Page Billy.
  5. I had one of the best perch season last fall. The perch fishing is not dead. There was a 31.5 lb King weighed in in the St. Catherine's Fish and Game club derby today. That tells me the lake is healthy.
  6. I believe the state wants the lake trout more than you think. It is all about the all mighty dollar. Think about it, the state has to spend a ton of money to raise and stock kings. Lakers are raised by the Feds and the DEC does the stocking. They are not smart enough to figure out that Kings = money spent on sport fishing on Lake Ontario. Lake trout will not draw the amount of tourism dollars that the salmon fishery does. It is plain and simple. You take kings out of the equation, towns that thrive on the Lake and stream fishing will become ghost towns.
  7. By leaving where ever you want, does that mean I can fish this from Sandy Creek?
  8. Fishing lake trout, I am seeing more and more lake trout spitting up smelt. The DEC says the smelt numbers are low but the smelt sightings are increasing for me. The other day, we had some good bait schools hugging bottom in 155-170'. The lakers that were pulled from the bottom there were spitting up 4" smelt. This was a trend we saw all last season.
  9. Here is a jumbo Alewive from Lake O today
  10. Lake Ontario in the Rochester basin from Sandy Creek to Webster Park is the best stretch of Lake Trout water on Lake Ontario IMO. Cowbells and spin n glows dragged along the bottom at 1.0-1.8 mph will catch you more lakers than you can handle. Check out this link http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/56147-custom-spin-n-glow-rigs/
  11. The blue glow combo you ordered do you want two regulars? If so, I have the cowbells and regular blue glows sitting at my house waiting to be sold. Let me know.
  12. Did you get the Gambler Rigs to go?
  13. Sorry to hear this Pap. rest and heal up bud.
  14. They used to. I have a bunch of them from years of first mating for Sam Datillo.
  15. Thanks. I will check it out.
  16. Can you post a picture of the Rod holder? I only need a single. If I can take one of the Rod holder off and use it for what I need, I might be interested.
  17. Is that a threat or a promise?
  18. I am looking for one used silver Big Jon Multiset rod holder.
  19. Does your fuel system have a water separator on it? I had an issue like this last year and it was due to the water separator filter being full of water. When I got the RPM's up, it was sucking water out of the water separator into the carbs stalling out the motor.
  20. That takes the price down to $35,100.00 US dollars. Still a little steep but a nice rig.
  21. Don't worry Chad. I will catch up. Hopefully mother nature is getting all of this east wind out of its system early!
  22. Sounds like a fuel issue. Is it a built in tank? Is your fuel tank vent clogged?
  23. I ran out of fingers and toes to count on so you are correct Dan!
×
×
  • Create New...