Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. On spoonpullers there was a photo of HUNDREDS of cormorants off the Toronto island. The photo was unreal. There has been a big group of cormorants on Long Pond in Greece. They have been roosting in a dead tree along the parkway. Sad to see!
  2. In August, I was running offshore in The dark and came up on a boat with no Nav lights on. The only thing I saw was the light on the fish finder!
  3. Their netting, and other research lead them to believe the bait population could handle 300,000 more very long living lakers a year. That's the main gripe. Why not salmon? If the alewives mutated and are affecting one year old survival, the simple answer is STOCK MORE! The more you stock, the more will survive.
  4. Lol. The man is off his rocker!As for the carp, the government allowed possession of these carp in ponds along the Mississippi. It should be up to them to fix this issue.
  5. They have poisoned lakes in the past to get rid of invasive species. It's 2015 we are advanced enough to figure out a way. Weren't there talks about shutting down the Chicago shipping canals that were turned down by the Feds?
  6. But he is the typical sailboater that thinks he has the right of way because he flies a sheet from time to time! Gotta love blow boaters!
  7. Lol. Ok, I was wrong Scott! Feel free!
  8. Has been, It is obvious the government could care less about the Great Lakes fishery. Explain the reasoning behind not stopping the Asian carp from entering the Great Lakes? There is more that could be done but they are not doing anything but putting up an electronic barrier (that has already failed before).
  9. I just had the same issue and my water separator filter was full of water. I had it replaced and the issue is gone. It was new in the spring. The filter was dumped into a glass jar and was 99% water. A missing gasket on my gas cap was the culprit for the water intrusion!
  10. I don't doubt the intelligence of the biologists. I just don't think we get the 100% honest truth from the DEC. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes in government agencies that is not made public.
  11. Don't even argue with him Scott. He goes against the grain on every topic.
  12. Stocking more lakers could have a very very negative effect on the lake if the bait population drops. Lakers live a long time! The 34lb laker we caught in 2012 was 27 years old. When was the last time a king lived that long!!!!! Kings would bring more tourism, and be able to be cut back and cause less damage to the bait population!
  13. There was a petition to sign on this site a while back. Take RT 18 instead of 104.
  14. I will sell the last two lots for $60.00 shipped to your door!
  15. No one is asking for stocking levels from the past. We are asking for more kings and not more lakers.
  16. If you want bigger fish but fewer, fish deeper. I used to do best in 135 - 150 in September. From the yard arm to Hedges produced some slobs from mid August until October!
  17. Only lots 1 and 2 are left. If you want to over pay, that is fine with me!
  18. Seeing that Gill-T fishes both lakes, I think he knows that. I think he is talking about the upper right corner of the photo.
×
×
  • Create New...