I put together a graph from our intake temp at work and it shows a huge difference from the temps at the buoy. remember the huge temp break that never moved in 200' fow for weeks the past two seasons? The lake at our intake temp was above 50 degrees for 194 days in 2015 (the lake is way warmer right now than it was the past three years at this time and this is also the longest span of above 50 degrees since 2011). If you go by the buoy data, the lake was only above 50 degrees at the buoy for 146 days in 2015 (which is the coldest it was in the 6 years of data I looked at. If I get more time today, I will try to put the data up.
Buy the recommended bolts for the crossbow. What brand is it? I purchased a Wicked Ridge by Ten Point and the bolts came with 100 grain field points. Looking at the bolt chart, 125 grain tips are mostly used on the 22" heavier bolts. Are the broadheads Rage crossbow broadheads or regular archery broadheads?
It is in Montreal. It is not affecting American waters so I guess we have no control over the situation. Stupid decision for sure. It just goes to show the US is not the only country with screwed up politicians.....
I just read an article about the stocking in Lake Michigan. They are saying natural reproduction dropped from 60% to 40%. I wonder if the natural reproduction has dropped on Lake Ontario? If so, is this why we see way lower numbers of salmon?
Spent the morning in the woods on state land and had an OK morning. Saw three bucks and one big doe. Let the two little bucks walk and could not get a shot on a decent buck. All three bucks were nose to the ground and on the move.
Call a DEC biologist and ask them. They will tell you there is No successful natural reproduction of salmon in the Genesee River (I have talked to one on the subject). Also ask them how long they have been stocking salmon in the Genesee River.