Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I perch fish a lot and see how bad the gobies are. I also work at a water treatment facility that takes water off the bottom of Lake Ontario. I see thousands a year. Do I think the gobies are eating the salmon fry, not really. The gobies have been here since the 90's and we have not had an issue with the salmon population. The last couple of seasons have been screwy but I do not believe it is due to Gobies. As for the smallmouth, there was a big die off due to VHS disease a while ago that caused the crash in the population.
  2. Lol. You crack me up Scott.
  3. I did not mean nothing bad about the fish. All lakers that are stocked in Lake Ontario are fin clipped. Being a wild lake trout in Lake Ontario is rare. Thats all I was pointing out.
  4. Looking at you last photo, it looks like the laker does have an adipose fin. That means it is a wild laker not a stocked laker. Not many wild ones around. I usually get a couple a season.
  5. GAMBLER

    Sold / Closed 1987 starcraft islander 22'

    I'm guessing 22' like it says in the title .
  6. Are they both on corner riggers? If the wind is pushing the boat, the boat will slip and the riggers could be like divers. The one side will be slower than the other because the boat is kind of turning constantly.
  7. Did you try this at the same exact depths Scott?
  8. There is a photo of in on the LOC webpage. www.loc.org. Scroll down and there is a photo with the winner and two others we weighed in that day.
  9. Pay attention to your electronics! When you hit a fish, keep a mental note of the speed your unit (I dont care what brand it is). Like Steve stated, change speeds. Let the fish tell you what they want. The fish will change moods hourly and things will change as the day progresses. If the bite dies, slower speeds can make a difference some days. Lets not start a debate about what unit is what. That is not what this thread is about.
  10. Nice job Chuck! Glad to see you had some success!
  11. They will come. All the sudden they will show up. They are still in Canada on vacation.
  12. They should have a birth certificate with them Mark. You just have to ask for it. Canadian kings that are lost should be carrying an Enhanced license or a passport. If not, Oboma will give them a job, healthcare and tax free living.
  13. Two, three and Four Year olds. Not many four year olds swimming around Lake O in the past couple years
  14. Yes...... One of two changes in the LOC that I do not agree with! Lets not get me started on that subject again!
  15. Sounds like a what some guys call a purple mirage. It is simply a mirage with purple beads.
  16. I believe if your higher value fish drops below, they will put your other back up. It has been this way for YEARS!!!!!! You can win more than one daily prize with a fish on the board but the smaller ones will not go on the board. As long as it is the biggest of the day, you win.
  17. http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/32590-gamblers-2012-season-in-review/ Here you go Pap. Check this link. Half way down you will see Kurt holding the beast.
  18. The 23.14 we won the summer loc with was 37" and fat. I would say 18-22lbs. The 24.11 I have on my wall was 39", and the 34.06 was 43 3/8" long.
  19. A few years from 15 to 25 to 40???? How long ago was it $15 dollars? It has been way more than a few years. It was $25.00 for a long time without an increase.
  20. This is one change in the LOC that does not bother me. $40.00 is not a lot of money when you have a chance at winning $25,000.00. The odds of winning compared to the lottery is a lot better. If you want to get your entry fee back, don't chase kings and go with the trout. Less people target trout and it is easier to get your money back.
  21. You have to enter at a tackle shop. No online registration. It's over Sunday so better get moving!
  22. 45lb Atommik copper gets my vote. I have been running it for years and it has put many fish in the boat.
  23. A Lake O trophy. Congrats guys!
×
×
  • Create New...