Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I'm sitting with 2 retired ones right now that are smiling!
  2. What river were you fishing in? The Erie Canal is a carp Mecca. Lots of big carp. Next time, give the canal a try. PM me the area you fish and I might be able to give you some other spots to try. If you want to try fly fishing them, I have some awesome spots for you to try.
  3. Bill, The guy is a scientist. I would listen to what he is saying. He knows his sh*t.
  4. Nice fish but can you get the guy to smile? That would put a smile on my face!
  5. Lots of people catching kings there today!
  6. I would have tried too but I was stuck at work. .
  7. I say leave it the same. You want more prize money Tom, catch a bigger fish next time! .
  8. Do a google search on the boga grips and see how many articles you find about the damage they cause to fish. That changed my thoughts on Bogas a couple years ago. I'm not going to comment further becuase I will offend some of the L.O.U community that uses Boga grips.
  9. Tim, I understand that. I'm talking about the shipping canal that connects the Mississippi to Lake Michigan. The fish could spawn there and leave the river to spend the summer eating in Lake Michigan.
  10. There were fish weighed in for the fish (kings) of the day on Saturday and Sunday. Some crazy fools went out.
  11. If this is the case, we will not have to worry but lake Michigan will. Whats from Keeping the carp from spawning in the river, and returning to the lake to eat. They could migrate back to the shipping canal to spawn (like steelhead, browns, kings, coho, walleye, ect.
  12. I agree. Been buying as much as possible from Tom. Customer Service is awesome and he does a lot for the derbies we fish and the fishery. He donated the Big King prize for the Sandy Creek Shootout. I did not see any other fly manufacturers throwning money into a brand new derby. Thanks again Tom. Keep up the good work.
  13. I say end it. We had all summer!
  14. One less to deal with on the water!
  15. Try Higbie Farm Supplies in Chili. They used to have a scale when I worked there years ago. 594-8300. Give Rob a call.
  16. Richard, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
  17. There are pike in both lakes. Conesus is a GREAT pike fishery. Conesus also is stocked with Tiger musky every year.
  18. Those channel markers can be hard to see if you are coming North from the South end of the bay. The flood lights at Mayers Marina make for a fun trip. If they slowed down, they would have been safer. Most boating accidents happen to very inexprirenced boaters. Yes some do happen to expeirenced boats but the majority are inexpeirence
  19. Nice job with the family Tom. Too bad they can out fish there Father / Grandpa!
  20. Wow. That makes for some slow days.
  21. I would say a 8.5 out of 10. I did not get as many trips in as I planned (mostly due to weather) but when I did get out, the fishing was good. Kings were big and plentiful. Broke the 30lb. mark this year which I did not do last season. Caught some really nice coho this season (had 3 12 lbers in one trip). Steelhead and laker fishing was slower than the past two seasons. Did 2 lakers over 20lbs but it was in between the Spring and Summer derbies . OH well. I hope to make it out a couple more times before pulling the boat for the season.
  22. After today, every fish that was in the West end of the lake is in Oswego.
  23. 15lb. 14oz. laker in 9th as of right now (me), and 12lb. 10oz. laker in 20th as of right now (buddy Rick). Since I have to work the rest of the derby, I'm praying for wind! Congrats and good job to all the LOU members that put fish on the board!
  24. Rock solid Bluewater. I had the probe down 130 last week and did not skip a beat. Night and day compared to the old probe. The Atommik site had the best price when i got mine last season.
×
×
  • Create New...