Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Happy New Year everyone.
  2. Congratulations. Now she will own half of your fishing stuff.
  3. monkey puke, Your speed and temp unit should be used as a tool along with your fish finder. Fishing perfered temp produces fish but some days the fish are out of temp. If you see hooks on the fish finder in cold water, don't be affraid to put a rig down there . Same goes for hooks high out of temp. Spread out your rigs below, in and above the thermalcline.
  4. Merry Christmas, Happy Hannuka and a happy new year to all.
  5. Happy Birthday Bud. Hope it is a good one.
  6. Braddocks. I was there last Friday.
  7. Bite your tongue. There is plenty of icefishing to be done!
  8. Another Owner fan here. All my Atommiks are tied with them and I use a smaller size on my tip ups icefishing for pike. Super strong and really sharp.
  9. Deaf fisherman, I don't believe there are smallmouth in Silver. Hemlock and Canadice are good places to icefish trout. Hemlock freezes late in the winter because of it's size and can have some really tricky ice. I ahve done really well jigging lakers on Canadice. Maybe I can meet you down there and show you the ropes this winter. If you do go to Hemlock, you have a good chance at catching smallmouth in there.
  10. solgrande, Cutting back the tipups for just one species would not work. People would say they are fishing for other species. I say decrease the limit to 2. 2 average sized pike is a lot of meat (too much for me and wife to eat in one meal).
  11. Only the one corner near the parkway was frozen when I drove home from work last night. I will check tonight and let you know tomorrow.
  12. Your right about muddy Scott. Salmon Creek in Hilton looks like chocolate milk.
  13. I keep a couple a year (around 3 or 4 spread out over the entire winter). I throw pike over 30" back unless it is an icefishing derby. I had a good argument with a guy on Conesus about this subject. He was complaining that the giant pike are very few and far between. In the same sentence he was telling me how he fishes there every day he can during the winter and keeps as many as he can. I told him people like him were the reason why the trophy pike in Conesus are very few and far between. He did not like my answer and stopped talking to me. Conesus is one of the lakes around that can produce Giant pike. I think reducing the creel or a slot limit that protects breeders better would be the best thing for pike water like Conesus.
  14. Thats a funny story. Nice job Andy.
  15. Nitro, Here are the regs: 4 fish limit 53cm - 86cm is the slot and you can only keep one over 86cm. No one was keeping the hammer handles and only keeping one over the slot. The years before the slot, the pike fishing was awesome. A couple years after the slot, the pike fishing was horrible. You caught lots of pike but no big ones.
  16. Squids were the thing in the 80's and early 90's here. They are only dusted off on slow days once and a while.
  17. Can we get lights up all year? They have those lights that look like bobbers.....
  18. GAMBLER

    auger

    Bob, Call around to one of the local lawn mower repair shops and ask if they do it.
  19. I'm not sure about the convectors but I run my 200' on a Penn 330.
  20. Hank, Sorry for your loss.
  21. They put a slot limit on the river I used to fish in Canada and it killed the pike fishing. All you could catch were hammer handles. The slot killed too many big breader females.
  22. That would kill the winter for me. I chase pike all winter. That is the only time I pike fish for the most part. I'm all for decreasing the pike creel limit and raising the minimum size. 22" pike are a pain in the azz to clean anyways.
×
×
  • Create New...