Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Same thing on Long Pond and the Erie canal. Not as many on Long Pond but there still is a good number. I saw all kinds species dead yeaterday. From carp to largemouth.
  2. Looks like Erie lost some ice over night. Hopefully it will not be much longer and the iceboom will be removed. On another note, the water temp at the intake at work went from 34 degrees a week ago to 39 degrees. That is located in 50 fow on the bottom off of Rochester. It will not be long now!
  3. I had my boat barrier coated and bottom painted. I add a new coat of bottom paint every season. I used the Interlux 2000 barrier coat and VC17 bottom paint. At the end of the season, the bottom of the boat has a very thin layer of slime. It comes off with ease with a good power washer. No need to acid wash the bottom.
  4. IA bowhunter, This is a 3 fish tourney like the prefish days at the Pro ams. Last year, Legacy, ScottB and the gang did an awesome job running this tourney. There was a picnic afterwards at a rod and gun club with great company. You must fish out of Sandy or Braddocks bay (not sure if this is still the same). There was a great turnout for it's first season. If my memory is correct, there were 29 boats. Here is a link to the rules post from last year : http://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19213
  5. I might make it Sunday with the little guy. The wife has a wedding shower to attend. I heard FISHINMAN was buying lunch for everyone!
  6. Good news Rob. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Last year was a blast.
  7. Those last 3 pics are as incriminating as my pictures of your flowered seat cushions in your ice tent Tom.
  8. Happy B-day Nick!
  9. Happy Birthday Eskimo Joe. Hopefully your parents spoiled you with more fishing gear.
  10. If you get a South wind at this time of the year and there is still ice on I-bay, you may have to drop a guy off at the I-bay launch and run to the River. We had a huge slab of ice break off one year (still 6" thick) and close off the channel. It was not there in the morning when we left. There was no moving it or breaking it. So my buddy drove the truck and trailer to the river and I made the run down the lake. Just a word of caution.
  11. You will not get much copper and backing on the reel.
  12. Orange and gold, firetiger and black and silver J-9 rapalas rocked for us in the early season.
  13. Happy Birthday Jeremy. Hopefully the ball and chain got you some more fishing tackle.
  14. One year we fished the last week of Feb. and did good. We picked 6 browns and 2 big lakers between I-bay and Shipbuilders. You had to troll very slow. The only problem is junk in the water. Use caution. The day we went out, we watched a telephone pole bob up and down in the Genesee River. When it went down, it disappeared for a couple seconds. Would not have been good in the old 14'er.
  15. Slow Slow Slow. When dealing with copper, take your time. I usually put my coppers out first. Keep the boat around 4 or 5 mph and deploy the coppers. Slow the boat and put it on the boards. When you reel the copper on keep it really tight.
  16. I went with a set of Blue Diamond roller rods last season and loved them. A lot less drag when you reel in fish or just the dipsy. I have 8' rollers and 9 1/2' Heartlands with twillie tips for my other set. The longer rods are really nice in a smaller boat when running longer leads on divers.
  17. Muskybob, Don't let a guy that has flower pattern seat covers in his ice tent get under your skin.
  18. Welcome Toad.
  19. The original Cannon cable is still on all 4 of my Cannons after 8 years of service. Not a stretch it is a fact that coated cable has to be replaced if the coating comes off. Just trying to give the guy a Con about coated cable. He asked for our opinions so he is getting my opinion.
  20. Coated cable has to be replaced after heavy use from the coating getting worn off. Just another expense.
  21. Fishhawk X4 all the way. No coated cable. If the rigger dies you have the probe on, you can move it to another rigger. Try that with a Depth Raider ot Subtroll.
  22. Glad my commute went from 42 miles a day to 20.
  23. I was looking at the paper on Feb 27th and it said Lake Ontario was 1 foot below average. Did the Army Corp. of engineers screw us again this spring?
×
×
  • Create New...