Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. And the change in regs from a couple years ago.
  2. Mark, Some guys run a large foam ball (pike bobber) with a release on it. You can let it out behind the boat until the fish is clear. Once the fish is clear, you can reel it back up. Hopefully Tbromund will chim in and add the picture he has posted in the past.
  3. Mark, Lakers are found on the bottom most of the time. Not sure about that area but I find a lot of lakers on the bottom from 90 - 200 fow. Troll slow .7 - 1.8 with cowbells and peanuts or spin-n-glows. Let it down until you hit bottom lift a foot, let it settle and repeat. Once the ball hits bottom again, keep it within 5' of the bottom. I like keeping mine 1' off the bottom. It is a lot of work but it puts fish in the boat. Depending on the area, lakers will be on large flats or structure. For example, where I fish near Sandy Creek in Hamlin, I find more lakers on structure. When I was off of I-bay, I would find lakers on deep flats.
  4. Don't know about the channel but the lake level is coming up really fast. It is a lot higher than last year at this time.
  5. Hmmm. It is looking like my prediction is right!
  6. Nice fish Ladyblugill. Hope it holds for you.
  7. Nice steelie and congrats on the LOC leader.
  8. If they are not biting, the gobies will be!
  9. Reminds me of the first time I met FISHINMAN. Jax and I left him a banana on his boat .
  10. Ray is right. Those are walmart lures. I have some in my box. The Yozuris have a little more bend to the body and are a little thinner.
  11. I would go with a 500 or 600 from Atommik. It is marked so you know how much copper you have off the reel. My 500 was the most productive last season for kings. Atommik sells reels all rigged with backing, copper and leader.
  12. Early and late low light times are best. Overcast days, the bite will be better longer and sometimes it can be steady all day. If you can find lakers, they will bite all day out deep.
  13. Nice job Rob. Where has your camera been? You usually have some great pics with your reports?
  14. Gobie. I see hundreds of them a day at work.
  15. It was an Otter Board.
  16. pm sent
  17. Rock bass are all over the Erie canal. All the creeks off of Lake Ontario will get some in to spawn as soon as the Cottonwood starts to fly.
  18. This guy has 2 for sale. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22598
  19. I run Big Jon rod holders in Berts tracks. If you call Big Jon, they have special mounts to make the multi set rod holders work in tracks.
  20. Woody, Follow the water line backwards from the outside of the motor. Some outboards have a 90 degree angled piece that the output hose connects too. Like Freeman 77 said, it can get clogged by spiders and bugs. I had a brand new Johnson on my last boat and had the problem. I took the line and cleaned it out and the difference was night and day. The clog can be in the line or the 90 degree angle piece.
  21. Sold pending payment
×
×
  • Create New...