Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I run the old unit with the new probe and it is awesome. Had it down 160 all day Saturday and it did not skip a beat.
  2. Happy belated Birthday Shawn. Hope your B-day was a good one.
  3. Happy Birthday Tim. Hope it is a good one.
  4. Fishing Report Your Name / Boat Name:Escape ============== TRIP OVERVIEW ============== Date(s):6/4/11 Time on Water:6am Weather/Temp:65 degrees / cloudy Wind Speed/Direction:calm Waves: calm Surface Temp: 49* -53* Location: LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Total Hits: Total Boated: Species Breakdown: lots of Steelhead, 2 small kings and 2 fat lakers Hot Lure: NK steelie special (don't know the real name but this is what I call it) Trolling Speed: 2.3 - 2.7 Down Speed: 2.2. - 2.5 Boat Depth: 230 - 430 Lure Depth: surface to 20 down ==================== SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS ==================== Started in 220 and trolled out to 430. Fishing was slow until I trolled back in to 250ish and found a nice break. Steelies were on fire on the boards. My favorite steelhead spoon 125 back with 1oz. of weight took most of our fish. Had a really big king on off the boards and it came off after one hell of an ariel show. Took 2 lakers off the same spoons on the boards. The kings were deep but not that active. A couple boats got a couple teenagers. We only had 2 small kings. Got chased off the lake early due to a nasty thunderstorm. Sucks because we were on the fish good until the storm came rolling in.
  5. Let me know if you fish tomorrow. If you do, call me when you are getting off the water and I will run it down to Sandy. I will PM you my cell
  6. This reel is approx 7 years old. The drag was replaced by Tuna Toms 2 years ago. $60.00 takes it. If you want it shipped, you pay the shipping.
  7. Go with a surveyor. With out one, you might end up with a hefty repair bill.
  8. And a SAINT!
  9. Your father is WRONG. There are underwater and the speed does differ from the surface speed.
  10. I think it is funny that it is this quiet already. With the way the lake changes at this time of the year, what is here today is gone an hour from now.
  11. Nice pics Andy. Sandy has been good to us so far this season.
  12. Nice report Shawn. Next time leave the frycook home and you will catch more .
  13. I would pick Oswego or Salmon River at that time. Can't beat the numbers of fish going home to the Salmon River.
  14. I love the Tweets but some reports are useless. They are supposed to be instant reports not here is my report now that I'm off the water.
  15. If there is floatation faom under the floor it could have absorbed water. I have a 86 Starcraft fiberglass boat. I had the stringers, transom, floor and floatation foam replaced 2 years ago. The floatation foam had absorbed water over the years. I noticed something was wrong when my boat was listing to the Starboard side.
  16. For spoons, I would use floro. For flashers, it will not matter.
  17. I use 30 for spoons and 50 for flashers no snubber. When I run spoons off the divers, I only run mags because the 30lb kills the action on smaller spoons.
  18. Two words ....... LAKE TROUT!
  19. When using Mag divers, they need to be let out slower than regular divers or they twist.
  20. Steelies and coho love reds, pinks and bright orange lures. My favorite plainer board spoon for Steelies has a lot of pink in it.
  21. Nice report Matt. We had chickens offshore on the surface yesterday out of Sandy also. You can tell right away that it is not a steelhead. lol!
  22. I used regular dispy rods with a twillie tip for years. I switched 2 of my wire rods over to rollers last season and love them. I plan on switching over my other 2 wire rods this summer. I went with the Okuma Blue Diamonds 8' 6" roller rods.
  23. Way to teach him Rob. Nice king.
  24. Fishing Report Your Name / Boat Name: Escape ============== TRIP OVERVIEW ============== Date(s):5/29/11 Time on Water: 6:15 Weather/Temp: Wind Speed/Direction: east Waves: A ripple Surface Temp: 49 to 51 degrees Location: LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Total Hits: Total Boated: Species Breakdown: Kings, coho, steelhead and lakers Hot Lure: Trolling Speed: Down Speed: Boat Depth: 100 - 430 Lure Depth: ==================== SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS ==================== Left the pier heads at 6 am on Sunday. Ran out to 100ish and set up trolling North. Hit fish all the way out to 430. Fish were taken off the boards with 1oz of lead, dispys, and riggers. Deep riggers were better for bigger fish. If you kept riggers in the 10 - 40' zone it was skippers one right after another. Had one rigger there and got it out of there after 2 quick skippers. Great screen after you passed 220 FOW. Fished lakers for the last hour and did some fish. There is still a lot of debris from the shore all the way out to 430. Keep a good look out.
  25. Hammerhead cowbells with spin n glows. For cowbells, crystalina, mt dew, and all silver. As for spin n glows, white and glow are my favorites. Peanuts work good but not as good as spin n glows.
×
×
  • Create New...