-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
Silver Fox Sandy 7/10
GAMBLER replied to Silver Fox's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Nice report Scott. Sounds like our day. See you this weekend. -
Sandy Creek 7/10 - derby laker
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Thanks guys. Sandy has been on fire the past 3 weeks. Hopefully this holds up for the Shootout! See you guys on the water. -
Sounds like the triducer is not working. See if you can find someone with another probe to try or the same unit.
-
7ft heartland leadcore rod for a copper rod?
GAMBLER replied to adam2000's topic in Tackle and Techniques
Adam, I run Gander Mountain guides series 8' leadcore rods and love them. I tried that same rod and it was a little on the light side. -
Thanks for this Andy. I commented on your picture because it looked really good. I will try it this weekend. How long did you cook it for?
-
Fishing Report Your Name / Boat Name:Escape ============== TRIP OVERVIEW ============== Date(s):7/10/11 Time on Water:530 am - 11:30 Weather/Temp:hot and humid Wind Speed/Direction:sw 5-10 Waves: 1' to flat calm Surface Temp: 71 Location: LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Total Hits: a lot Total Boated:a lot Species Breakdown: Kings, coho, steelies and laker Hot Lure: green crinkle fly Trolling Speed: Down Speed: 2.5 Boat Depth: 90 - 320 Lure Depth: 40 - 90 ==================== SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS ==================== Started the morning inside and temp had come up a lot. Trolled North hitting fish all the way out to 320 fow. The fish were very scattered but one you found a group it was choas. Ended up landing a 24 and change king, a 11lb steelie and a 16.06 laker that is sitting in 18th place. The hot combo was the old standby "trash can" dodger with a green crinkle Atommik fly. Lots of decent steelies, teenaged kings and a nice coho.
-
Fish FX at the Oak 7.8.11
GAMBLER replied to FX's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Nice job Shawn. I almost spit my coffee out reading about Tom's pb lake trout. Did you capture that with a camera? -
I just replaced an interstate in my boat last season after 8 seasons of abuse.
-
I told my wife the other day that I did not have any other colors to choose from. She gave me this evil stare and said Bullsh*t.
-
Fishing Report Your Name / Boat Name:Escape ============== TRIP OVERVIEW ============== /D/ate(s):7/6/11 Time on Water:1030 Weather/Temp:Sunny to thunderstorms Wind Speed/Direction: west 5 - 10 Waves:1' Surface Temp: 71 degrees Location: LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Total Hits: 20 Total Boated:14 Species Breakdown:Kings, Cohos, steelhead, lakers, a brown and an atlantic. Hot Lure: Green Crinkle Trolling Speed: Down Speed: 2.5 - 2.7 Boat Depth: 140 Lure Depth: 70 - 90 ==================== SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS ==================== My wife and I left the dock at 1030 and headed out to 140 FOW. Steady marks and fish all the way from the nose to Wautoma Shoals. Did the Lake Ontario cycle with every species of trout and salmon you can catch. The last one we needed for the cycle ended up putting Melissa in 8th place in the steelhead division. The fish hit a green crinkle A-tom-mik fly behind a hammertime spin doctor down 85'. At the scales it came in at 13.00lbs. It was a short trip due to lightning but we got a lot of fish to the boat in that short time. Almost every time one rod went off, we ended up doubled. Tons of upper teens kings and low 20's kings around. Back out this weekend. I will post the picture later. Here is the pic of my wife's steelhead.
-
7/2 & & 7/3 at the Oak w/ pics
GAMBLER replied to chowder's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Nice report chowder! What is that caserole? Looks good! -
A lot of times this happens because the leader get knicked from the pliers on the fish before. The 50lb. leader on them should be enough but be careful.
-
And do not take pictures of them! We all know what a small king looks like.
-
If I was spending my money on a charter, I would go with this guy http://www.teamthrillseeker.com/.
-
What extra rods should I be running when/if.......
GAMBLER replied to CaptSpike's topic in Tackle and Techniques
Run 4 divers and 2 riggers or 3 divers, 2 riggers and one copper. -
This weekend wind/thermocline/productivity
GAMBLER replied to carpedium's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
The thermalcline has officially set up. The intake temp where I work went from 47 degrees to 66 degrees in 24 hours. I find where the thermalcline meets the bottom and start there trolling north until I find fish. I will be out Saturday out of Sandy. Call me on the radio if you want info. My boat name is escape. Good luck. -
I hope they enjoy losing revenue in fishing sales to American citizens. What a bunch of crap.
-
A small king. Young of the year to one year old kings.
-
Night fishing is the only way to go on I-bay. Throw stickbaits along the weedlines on points and you will find some here and there.
-
This thread went bad quick. Went from a great tourney to banana hammocks and vaseline. Yikes.
-
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Get well soon so Woody has someone to fish with.
