There have been a couple small groups of fish in the river already. If this hurricane upwells the lake, they will be knocking on the door hard core. I would not be suprised if the Salmon gets a push of fish Sunday / Monday. Nothing major but a good push.
I'm still looking for a small aluminum boat in the 12 to 14' range for perch fishing. If you got one you want to part with let me know. I do need to be able to register it.
I say 39.12 but I hope I'm a little lean. I would love to see another 40+ caught y some lucky angler. It does nothing but draw more attention to the great fishery we all are so lucky to have right in our back yard!
Not breaking the rod down is the #1 way to prevent this from happening. You can add 15' of heavy mono between your wire and your diver to prevent this also.
Mark,
We had the same issue yesterday off of Sandy. I just think they are not super agressive and not getting the hook deep. 75% of the fish we boated last night fell off in the net.
Penn 330 GTI. It will hold ten colors, 300 yds of backing and leader. If you have cash, I believe a Saltist 50 will hold the same but have a 6.4 to 1 gear ratio.
My wife and a buddy had fish that placed off of my boat this Summer in the LOC. Neither one of them have recieved their checks yet. Anyone else not recieve thier checks yet?