Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I had the Ugly Sticks and they were really stiff in the first 3/4 of the rod and really whimpy in the last 1/4. Heartlands or Okuma diver rods are the way to go. The Yellow sticks (Eagle Claws) have a tendency to break.
  2. You can do that Adam. I used to run stacked rods but found it is easier and more effective at this time of the year to run one rod a rigger cheated and more junk lines.
  3. The Erie Deerie has been awesome. Brined over night and it is like leather the next morning. I have been able to take more than one fish on one strip with the Erie Deerie.
  4. An Atlantic that size is a rare specimen. Definite wall hanger!
  5. Thats not a king!!! That is a SLOB male atlantic salmon. Nice fish!
  6. Mortigan, Go to lureums link and look under whats new. It is up to date.
  7. markbellino, For your mono to braid, use a uni to uni knot. It is stronger and goes throught the guides even easier than the albright knot.
  8. Diawa Heartland rods are great rods and not expensive. I like the 8'6" rods for riggers and the 7'6" rods for boards. They run around $35.00 each new at most places.
  9. Happy birthday Shorething. Hope it is a god one.
  10. The keel is the same as the original keel. The only difference is the weight on the keel. The weigh is 1/2 the size of the oringinal weight. I would not recommend running 2 coppers off of one board unless you run the board WAY off the side of the boat.
  11. Glad to hear your dog is OK. My lab like to try to attack the seagulls as they fly by. I have tp keep an eye on him when we are on plane because he would be dumb enough to jump off the boat after one.
  12. Once you click on the link, let it come up and refresh your screen and it should change. I had to do that on the computer at work.
  13. Looks like Orleans County current standings to me!
  14. For speed, 0.70 - 1.8 work for me. 1.3 seems to be te magic number. I look past the area where the thermalcline intersects the bottom out to 200 fow. I'm not fishing Olcott area but have caught lakers on the bottom out to 220 FOW.
  15. Flat line them or run them off an inline plainer board in tight. If you slide deeper, run some on riggers.
  16. MikeyP, Orleans County Derby
  17. Wilson, Olcott, Oak Orchard, Sandy Creek, Genesee River and Irondequoit Bay are all good places to fish. Wilson / Olcott seem to be the most consistant fishing year round on Lake Ontario. That would be my first choice.
  18. Sushi flies have been really good for me this year. I'm a believer in using scent. I think it helps more for lakers and browns.
  19. Congrats Paul. Is it going on the wall?
  20. Thanks Scott. Where did you get that info?
  21. Nice job Scott. Glad to see you finally let your old man reel in a fish
×
×
  • Create New...