Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. At the Oak used to have it but I do not see it. Is there anywhere else I can find an updated derby leaderboard online?
  2. Happy Birthday Ray. I hope it is a good one.
  3. Reel is in excelent shape. Only used on riggers never wire. $65.00 takes it. Will ship for $70.00.
  4. 12 or 15's
  5. The intake temp at work right now is 46 degrees. That is around 50' down off of Rochester. It was 65 degrees as of 4pm. Last night it was 49 degrees. I would say thermalcline is down around 40'. If it stays east, head offshore until temps get better and start there and continue North.
  6. The intake temp at work right now is 46 degrees. That is around 50' down off of Rochester. It was 65 degrees as of 4pm. Last night it was 49 degrees. I would say thermalcline is down around 40'. If it stays east, head offshore until temps get better and start there and continue North.
  7. I would have to agree with Iceman on this one. I switched to roller rods and the resistance of the wire on the guides makes fighting fish easier. Roller rods paired up with high quality reels will make a difference.
  8. Nice Job guys. Was there a lot of bait out there Mark?
  9. Copper is a great tool but you do have to stay out of the pack when fishing it. If you run it off a board, boats can see the board and know you are running copper. If you are running it down the chute, there is no way to tell you are running it. I would recommend running more wire divers. 2 of each side is easy to do and is a great way to add more rods.
  10. The big kings have slowed all over the lake. I think it is just from a unstable thermalcline and the fish have scattered and moved off shore.
  11. Sorry to hear Chris. Don't give up on the season. Get some guys to go out and do the work. Sit back in the captains chair and watch them catch fish.
  12. You do not need the entire strip. I cut strips into 4 or 5 pieces. they work just as good that way.
  13. I run the 30lb and have no problems with twisting. Put it on your reel correctly and use QUALITY swivels. I have a Spro swivel between my Flea Flicker and my Seagar and another Spro swivel for the spoon.
  14. Sorry to hear this. People are such A holes.
  15. What port? Was it locked in the boat?
  16. One other thing I noticed more this season than others is the amount of foul hooked fish. I have caught a bunch of kings hooked in the top of the head, under then chin and one 25.5 lber in the dorsal fin. Hooks do not stay in some parts of their bodies as good as in the mouth.
  17. Happy Birthday Nolad.
  18. Sold pending payment
  19. Never go by rigger counters if the cable is not the same cable that came on the rigger. Counters can be off a lot. Diameter of the cable, amount of cable on the rigger all play big parts in the rigger reading right. The rigger counter is set up to work correctly from the factory with the diameter and length of cable they come with. Tip your transducer back so you can see your rigger weights. Use the counter as a reference point. Take the depth it is showing for temp and set your wires/coppers to that depth.
  20. If reel is purchased, I will throw in 2 Luhr Jensen Divers with mag rings.
  21. I had the same thing happen during the summer LOC. I got the front hook of a tourney tie in my middle finger. I could not get the treble out of the fish so I had to rip it out. Not fun for sure.
  22. I tried 19 strand torpedo wire last season and took it off my reel after 3 trips. I had problems with it fraying and untwisting. I went back to Malin 7 strand and have no issues.
  23. Fishing Report Your Name / Boat Name:Escape ============== TRIP OVERVIEW ============== Date(s):7/29/11 Time on Water:545 Weather/Temp:80 clouds / rain Wind Speed/Direction:sw 5- 10 Waves: 1' Surface Temp: 75 Location: LAT/LONG (GPS Cords): =============== FISHING RESULTS =============== Total Hits: ? Total Boated: ? Species Breakdown: Kings, coho, Atlantics, Steelhead, Browns and lakers Hot Lure: NBK Stingray Trolling Speed: Down Speed: 2.4 Boat Depth: 120 - 220 Lure Depth: 45 - 75 ==================== SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS ==================== Started the morning in 120 and got skippered to death. Bumped out to 140 and started getting some better fish. Down temp started around 70 ish and by noon it was down 50'. Got a lot of nice teen kings, but nothing in the 20's. Did land 2 big browns. As the day went on, the fish slid out to 180 to 220. Flashers and flies and copper were SLOW!! Only took one hit on copper all morning. From the sounds of things on the radio, the big kings did thier disappearing act. Hopefullly they will show back up again. Here is a picture of the one brown that was 13.08 on the scale.
×
×
  • Create New...