Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Not only the Niagara but the Genesee River. There is a good population in the Genesee River from the falls South to Mt Morris.
  2. Captains Cove or Narbys in Oak Orchard usually have it in stock.
  3. The years the browns are beat up in the tribs, the lake fishing stinks. Charter captains rely on the browns in the Central and Eastern ends of the lake to keep charter clients coming back. If the kings were off of every port year round in good numbers, this would not be an issue IMO. This past fall, the brown run was late and winter was early. The browns were left alone for the most part. This spring, the brown fishing has been the best in years. See the corrolation! Everyone b*tched about the reduction in Steelhead creel years ago and look at the steelhead fishery we have now. I don't see trib guys complaining now. Everyone fears change. Sometimes change is not a bad thing.
  4. At every lock on the canal there is an out flow channel with current. Fish the edges of the current and yu will find walleye. Suttle changes in underwater structure will yield a walleye or two. When it is drained in the winter, do some walking with a hand held GPS.
  5. ladyblugill, Bruce does have a launch. The marina phone number is 964-8189.
  6. Make sure you wrap it on the reel really tight. IF not it will bind when you reel in a good sized fish.
  7. Malin 7 strand 30lb wire. 1000' will fit with a little bit of room left on the spool. I have been using it for years and it is awesome. I tried the torpedo brand 19 strand and had issues with it. Mason is good to but I find the Malin to be a little less stiff.
  8. After growing up with the canal in my back yard in Spencerport, I can tell you the Canal is under rated like Hasbeen stated. The first fish I caught in my life at 2 years old was a 6lb 4 oz walleye out of the canal. Do some homework when the canal is drained in your area and you will find suttle changes in the bottom that will hold walleye. Mark them with a hand held GPS and come back when it is filled. I used to find more walleye covering good areas of structure casting cranks and sticks. Wide waters channel holds a good population of eyes.
  9. Happy Birthday Rick. Hope it's a good one.
  10. They sell kits at places like Dicks or Gander that come with a selection of weights and the releases. Here is the kit that I have: http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/store ... System.htm
  11. If you do not want to hassle with taking split shot on and off, buy some snap weights. I take the heavier weights off and put a split shot on a 3" piece of mono tied to the release on the snap weight. That way when it gets to the boat, it is easy to take off.
  12. GAMBLER

    Boat Deck

    Purple Power. You can get it at most auto parts stores. Spray it on and let it sit for a couple minutes before scrubbing with a stiff brush.
  13. I have heard of guys losing an entire wire setup due to plastic Scotty rod holders. I would ditch them. Wire rods are not cheap.
  14. I'm in. Can't wait. You guys did an awesome job last year.
  15. May??? By the weather it is still April. Nice report and congrats on the good trip.
  16. The rockbass tourney in Sodus is big. The usual winner has some rock bass in the livewell over a pound.
  17. Congrats Tom. 7 grandchildren, you are older than I thought!
  18. I guess 35 teams did not even weigh in. Tough conditions.
  19. Got this from BigD on Spoonpullers. Looks like a tough day for the majority.
  20. +1. The only other thing I will add is bring them up slow. If you horse them, their air bladder will extend and be harder to burb.
  21. That right there is why I drive a Ford. 246k and finally laid to rest.
  22. Kieth, Get rid of the regular plainer board line and go with 250lb test power pro and your releases will fly down the line. Scott, Thanks for the good day on the water.
  23. If you want a paper version, let me know and I can send you one in the mail that I never use.
×
×
  • Create New...