Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Glen, I know this has nothing to do with Lake O kings. But, I would not put it past the state to cut salmon stocking to save $$$$ when they find out more info on Lake Ontario natural reproduction kings.
  2. Thanks guys. FISHINMAN, Just remember, I'm still a COUPLE decades younger than you!
  3. I see the DEC wants to cut laker stocking in Seneca because of natural reproduction. Are Lake O Kings next? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22782
  4. Slang dictionary? I thought that was in the regular Italian dictionary?
  5. I would vote for Sandy Creek (Hamlin) but it's not there. The same (if not better fishing than the Oak) and 100 less boats to troll around on a Saturday. Sandy has it all for fish species. Look at the structure with in a couple miles of Port. You have Devils Nose, Wautoma Shoal, Light House point and Braddocks point. If the Oak was so good, why did a bunch of Pro Am boats drive from the Oak to Sandy 2 years ago on Big fish Friday? I recall seeing a bunch of big names around that morning.
  6. And it is a blast to reel in 2 fish on one rod.
  7. Interesting.... It was 34 degrees at the intake from Jan 3rd until March 14th. Since then it has not gotten below 38 degrees. Anyways, Erie has some ice left but too much left for us trollers.
  8. Are there any dinks on Seneca?
  9. Why is Rochester on there? The City or County does nothing for us fishermen.
  10. For drop weights, I use a rubberband. Half hitch it on the weight and the mainline. When the weight gets to the boat, break the rubberband off the main line. I have the snap weights but found the rubberband method was quicker to get off and did not fall off.
  11. Where can you get these and what does the haywire twist look like? Go to the Atommik site. He has them there.
  12. I would recommend Luhr Jenson OO dodger in all orange with a peanut fly behind it for coho. Run it off a board. Until late June, steelies and coho can be found in the top of the water column. Boards with 1, 2, or 3oz of weight work good. If you run the core with the Spin Doctor, you may pick up a stray king.
  13. Swivel / Haywire twist connections last a lot longer. Not really that hard to tie. My vote is for the haywire and swivel connection. Make sure you go with the Spro heavy duty swivels.
  14. I use a swivel and a rubberband. Clip the swivel to the main line, half hitch the rubberband around the main line and then put the rubberband in the swivel and close it.
  15. Forgot about Hamlin Beach state park piers. They can be really good also.
  16. The big advantage to running a fixed cheater is the ability to duplicate the depth it was running at before you caught a fish on it. Sliders work great when the lake is starting to stratify and you have fish all over the water column. When the fish are in a smaller zone, fixed cheaters are the way to go.
  17. For lakers, Cowbells and peanuts or cowbells and spin n glows are the top producers. I like to troll from .7 to 1.8 with 1.3 being my best speed. I have caught lakers on those rigs in water from 60 - 220' deep. Put the rigger ball on the bottom and then lift it up one foot. You want to keep it within 3' of the bottom. Run one rig close to the ball (5') and the other back 20 max. If you have more questions, feel free to pm me.
  18. Yes, you did Zach...nothing I thought was out of line. But maybe it was too much info about a small body of water...wow, Have I been gone that long...did they make Gambler a mod??? (just kidding ) [ Post made via Mobile Device ] I'll remember that one Nitro.
  19. I would go with 10lb. Make sure it is a quality brand like Seagar. Vanish = lost fish and tackle.
  20. I would go with the plainer mast. You do not have to fight the board and the fish with the big boards. In lines work great are a pain in the a$$ to fight fish on. If you break off with the inlines, you will more than likely have trouble finding the board.
  21. I-bay piers, Summerville, Charlotte and Webster Park piers are all good. Look for the green water around the piers and you will have good fishing. If the water is crystal clear don't waste your time.
  22. Call Cannon customer service or a Cannon repair shop and they should be able to answer your questions.
  23. Nice start to the season guys. Keep up the good work.
  24. Seneca is a weird perch fishery. You can have a great trip with a bunch of slob perch one day and go back the next to the same spot and never get a bite.
×
×
  • Create New...