Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. We had the same thing. The current has been horrible. The 22.9 king took 513 on the first run on the wire. It ended up out 753 and died out that far. It made for a long drag back to the boat.
  2. ladyblugill, It sounds like the dipsey was tangling because it was let out too fast.
  3. Started off the creek in 110 FOW. Got 7 rods in and tripled. Had a steeie flying around on the surface w/ a Spin Doctor and At-tom-mik Mirage fly, a king ripping copper off the reel on a NBK and a very rare Atlantic Salmon flying around on a NBK. Boated all three (Atlantic - 4 lbs, King - 16lbs, Steelhead just under 10 lbs.) The first hour and a half we were 8 for 10 and then it turned to a slow pick. Worked from 110 - 180 from 60 - 80 down. The temp. is down around 70 - 75'. Ended the day with 8 kings (2,4,8,8,10,15,16, and 22.lbs 9 oz), 3 steelies (6,8,9lbs. 15 oz.) We weighed in one king and one steelie but were just short of the board. NBK and Mirage At-tom-mik behind a white Spin Doctor woth green spots were the only producers today. Off the water by 11am. On a side note, the steelie looked like it had just dropped out of a creek. The meat was white and it still had old eggs in it. The fish was very skinny. Here is the picture of the Atlantic and the 22.9 lb. king.
  4. Heat the tip and keep the flame off of the rod blank. It will come off once it gets nice and hot.
  5. Yes. Make sure you buy a good brand and on that is strong enough for a flasher and fly rig. I use the 3/4" size.
  6. Bretter, I add a heavy duty snap to every Spin Doctor and then make a loop in the end of the fly leader.
  7. The one in Henrietta 1. opens too late in the morning, 2. does not stocj there trolling stuff until the season is half over, 3. once the some thing sells out, they do not replace it until next years order. I have been supporting the local shops and shopping on-line when the local shops are sold out.
  8. Foster, I will get back to you when I return home from Kentucky on Monday.
  9. I'm going with the same game plan. Except, I will end the day farming.
  10. Tom, I will be out in the AM. I know he is looking for someone to go with. Give him a call.
  11. Scott, He paid $1100 for the unit. He also had to put a different style steering cable in.
  12. Come on Tom, your a cook, not a mechanic! :shock: Why do you think Jeremy asked me to help him install it!
  13. I don't run snubbers either. I run 30 lb. Seagar with spoons and 50 lb. Seagar with flasher/ fly rigs. If you are cracking off fish, the drag is too tight or your main line (if it is not wire) is too light. Don't forget to use a high quality swivel on the wire. No stretch + cheap swivels = lost equipment.
  14. The unit I installed on Jax's boat runs off it's own compass that is mounted in the bow of the boat. He has a Simrad AP14. I have the Sport Pilot Plus and it runs the same way. I would buy the Simrad in a heart beat. It is really easy to install and seems well built.
  15. Big John Otter Boats. They will out perform any other brand of boards in rough water.
  16. Can't see the pic. Nice fish! Congrats.
  17. If it is an older Evinrude, try new coils. My buddy had the same lack of power issue with an older Evinrude and changed the coils and was back in business.
  18. Cannons and Scotty's are the top brands on Lake O right now. I run Cannons and love them. Scotty's are cheaper by a long shot. I'm not a fan of belt driven riggers. That's just my opinion.
  19. I'm selling both mounts and plates for $40.00. Local pick up only.
  20. I'm selling a Diawa Accudepth 47. I'm looking to get $30.00 for it. Local pick up only.
  21. Nice pics Rob. Too bad you have your son rooting for the wrong NY baseball team! :shock:
  22. Remember, this was a charter boat. It has seen a lot of time on the water. If the engine is original, it may be close to the end of it's life span. I would also want a more up to date survey. Alot can go wrong with a boat in two years!
  23. I have Diawa Sealine SG47 and SG27 lc's. I have had most of them for 14 years and have been awesome. I had one drag clicker go after 13 years and Diawa sent me the part for free. I had some of the original Accudepths and got rid of them (I did not like the drag). I do not know about the newer ones. Shimano Tekotas are super reels but expensive. I have a buddy that runs Okumas and has had some problems with the ie. drags skipping, handles bending, and plastic screens falling off line counters. My vote would be for the Diawa SG47lc's. Super reels with a history of quality. As for changing reels, I have my Diawa Sealine 27lc's on Diawa Heartland 7 1/2' rods with 15 lb. Maxima line for spring boards and riggers for browns and steelhead. For flea season and kings, I go with my Diawa Sealine 47 lc's with 30 lb. Ande pink with 20 lb. Seagar leaders. For flasher/fly combos, I don't use a leader off the 30 lb.
  24. I tend to stay away from the pack when I have my copper rods out. Run the junk rods off the big boards (not inlines) and that should give other fisherman a clue to what is going on. As for sailboats, a road construction arrow would not help.
×
×
  • Create New...