Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. They had them at Captains Cove last week when I was out there.
  2. Lefty, They have way too much drag. I have tried them for lakers and they are horrible at 1.3 mph. I couldn't imagine trolling them at 2.5.
  3. Fosterm22, Of course I will be back. I don't know what dock I will be on but I will there. I'm not starting the work on the boat until I get back from Florida.
  4. Nice job guys. It's about time that boat had some real fish on the deck.
  5. What fun would boating be if everyone knew the rules of the road?
  6. The only thing I do not like about single hooks is the damage it does to small kings and steelies. The single hooks always seem to come out through their eye.
  7. Let me guess, a sail boat :shock:
  8. Contact Mayers marina on Irondequoit bay. He has a graveyard in his shop of old motors.
  9. This lake level deal has been going on for a couple of years now. My wifes boss was a higher up on the commitee. The poeple that live on the lake were trying to get the lake levels lowered to stop erosion. The first round, they lost so this is the new proposal. If anyone wants more info on this proposal, let me know and I will see if he can get me the reading material to distribute.
  10. I have the Sport Pilot Plus on my boat and would not reccommend it to anyone. I have problems with it from day one. It was sent back to the company 2 times and they finally got it right.
  11. 1" clear plastic tubing. Cut it 1 1/2" long than the fly and put slits in the top and the bottom. You slide the leader through the tube and pull the fly until the hooks catch on the end. wrap the leader in the slits you put in both ends of the tube. I keep mine in a Plane box that does not have any dividers.
  12. Wire dipseys are my favorite. When the wire bite is on, you can not beat it.
  13. My vote is for Don's Original on Irondequoit Bay. When I slipped my boat on the bay, I would hit that place after every trip.
  14. Anywhere on this lake produces bass, walleye and panfish. For Walleye, I like fishing tip ups in the weeds in 14 -17 fow. Also jig the same area. The gills and seeds will be in 6 - 10 fow. For perch, they are deep and scattered. You will get some with the walleye and bass in the weeds.
  15. Very nice pics. That drake oldsqaw looks just like the one I have mounted in my game room. It is nice to see they are eating goibes and zebra muscles.
  16. I actually would rather fish Steelhead. When it is derby time, Kings in the morning and then drag bottom to get some gas money back.
  17. Any time Rick. Just let me know. We may find FISHINMAN in my spot for lakers but we will manage.
  18. Did he catch that slob on a tip up or jigging? I love that lake for icefishing.
  19. I'm also a big fan of the thundersticks. Can't beat the billy borrow, black and silver, firetiger and orange and gold.
  20. For all of you guys that make fun of lake trout fisherman, you might want to start learning . The way things are going, this could happen again.
  21. My buddy did good on the gills at the North end the other day. The shore ice has firmed up nice. I was not at the North end. I was fishing infront of my buddies house.
  22. I'm glad it is only 15% missing. It could have been a lot worse. Does the DEC plan on stocking more of the other species to make up for the loss?
  23. Fishinman, Is Jax your assistant?
  24. I heard from a buddy today that we will only get 50% of the kings we are supposed to get this year? The egg take was down (old news) and then a lot of the eggs did not make it to the yoke stage (new news)? Anyone else have any info on this?
  25. Fished Conesus today and did not get a flag. This lake has been really slow this year. Hopefully the next trip will prodcue.
×
×
  • Create New...