Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. Another slow day out there. 20 perch between the 3 of us and about 10 throw backs. Mostly tip-downs. Time for a change of scenery!
  2. I vouch for the tlc givin to that boat. One of the best boat mechanics in the lake owned it @ Sandy.
  3. The vex wont work in that 3 fow in there. Fish are there, but tuff sob's.
  4. I did like the open division. Not having to fish out of the same port was nice. Just run your cooler down to the weigh-in. Maybe adding a couple more fish would be cool. I don't like the amount of "prizes" that is givin to you as part of your winnings at all. Cash $ rules and that is one reason we fish the kotl in wilson instead of the niagara pro-am. BTW: Your not missing a thing.
  5. The open division will not grow if it is not treated like the other divisions. The results of the open division are only posted on the niagara part of the pro-am website. I'm sure everyone @ the other ports would have liked to of seen the results also. We fished the Sunday of the Orleans last year and I couldn't get Mike to respond to my e-mail about posting the results. We couldn't commit to both days and it was nice to at least do some competative fishing one day.Their were 9 teams each day of the niagara and about 10 teams the sunday of the orleans. I don't know about any of the other ones, but I think that's a decent start. Give the open division equal time on the website and it will probobly grow.
  6. At least neither of us told a fish story!
  7. Fished today w/ Yankee till about 11:15 and ended up only icing 1 pike. Had about 4 other flags (bumps) and caught a few perch jiggin. Lots of guys on the ice, but it looked and sounded like it was a slow day for everyone. Good time though.
  8. Boat look familiar Rob?
  9. Overhand.
  10. Does that mean we can finally take our unit off the dash now?
  11. 10'6" Diawa Great Lakes
  12. Went to sw side and fished 13-16fow. Didn't have my tip ups set till after 930 and fished till 2pm. Ended up getting 4 bass (2 under size & 2 about 15"), couple dozen small perch and a few gills. Had about 4 other flags go off, but was either too slow in getting to them or they spit it.
  13. Happy Birthday Larry! Awesome pictures Chad. Where are those knee high socks?
  14. Glf is pretty good, but it has a lot of advertising. Did anyone get theirs recently? I haven't had one in a long while.
  15. Rob and I Silver for sure.
  16. At least the poor boys maybe? Rob may be interested too. I'm not going to cuba this weekend.
  17. Thanks Brian. I'm "in" for some of them!
  18. I'll talk to Brian soon.
  19. About 3 years old w/ a 1 year old battery. Works great. Been used about 5-10 times and not at all last year. Included are the charger, operation manual and a tri-pod. $140.00 B/O 585.370.8068
  20. I use 1/0 Owners. Their will be many diff. responses to this question though.
  21. I fished this morning till about 11am. Ended up bringing home 16 perch w/ one I measured at 14.5". It was still slow, but much better than yesterday. The pike took 4 more of my rigs today! I think that brings the total for the last few times out to about 12. They did seem to be getting more pike today than yesterday. The water is not that murky anymore, if you were wondering. Good luck.
  22. Braid will be a nightmare when July hits. Do yourself a favor and get the wire. It will get you deeper and you will still have no problems catching fish up high near the boat.
  23. 3 of us fishing and only 14 keeper perch. Extremely slow. Not too many pike on the ice either.
×
×
  • Create New...