Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. Coup, Next time you go fishing, lick your thumb and index finger. Then touch the 2 sensors on the front w/ your wet fingers. It should work flawlessly after that. We had the same problem our first time using it, so I called a buddy and he told me to do this. Hope this helps
  2. We did it last year on the Sunday of the orleans pro-am and I think we were fishing very shortly after 5am. We fished till a little after 11am. Docked the boat and drove to the Oak by noon w/ no problem. We had a good time and would do it again. This year I do have the time to fish the whole weekend and will be fishing the pro-am. Btw: Yes a 1pm weigh-in would've been nice, but if I do it again, noon is fine.
  3. That picture probobly took no more than about 10-20 seconds. He didn't even put his hand in the gill. I'd bet 95% of the guys on here would do the same thing.
  4. You've got a great partner Mike & good job.
  5. Went out this morning lookin for the silvers and found nothing but cold water and lakers. By about 9am we put some divers and riggers in the 40-60' down area in 70fow hoping to find some silvers in the mess of fish we were marking. Everything went nuts after that! Diver's 130 & 160' out and the riggers parked 40-60'. All lakers, w/ some in that mid teens range. Dreamweaver mags in any color, it didn't matter. Doubles, triples & even 2 on one rod!(slider & main line). Everyone in the area got into the action. We ended up putting over 25 lakers on by 11:30. I've never seen lakers so aggresive like that. They were taking line and some were coming up to the top after the initial run! Good luck.
  6. I bought a dremmel this past week and it does work pretty awesome.
  7. Might get a state record though! [ Post made via Mobile Device ]
  8. As you know it was a no go for the tournament, but we did end up fishing Thursday 12pm-3 and Friday till 2pm. Thursday we ended up w/ 5 fish & the biggest was about 23#. All but 2 were kings. Friday we were 8-11 & the biggest was 22.25# which was good for 7th place in the Dreamweaver Big Fish Contest. Again, most were Kings. We fished west of wilson 130'-160fow. Most of the kings we boated were caught 90-110 down. I rarely had a lure above 60'. I wanted to keep the Coho bite to a minimum. We got a few on Dipsey's out 225' w/ Spin Doctor Blue Dolphin/UV crazy mother Fox Fly. On the riggers our best spoons were DW VQ green alewife mag, silver alewife mag & Stingray green goblin. Our best speeds were 2.5-2.8 gps. It was nice to fish for silvers for the first time this year. Good luck.
  9. Sat. 25-45mph! Looks like the tourny could be a total waste of time. You look forward to it all winter and you get the worst weekend of the year. Even if their half wrong it will still be bad.
  10. @ $7.00/spoon, they can keep em!
  11. Ummmmm Rob? That wasn't the hat I saw on mikes head Sunday.lol. The one I saw, you could see from 2 miles away!
  12. Great job Joe. Sandy has been dead unless you can get out there right after a blow. We'll be out sunday for the shakedown.
  13. Happy Birthday Tom
  14. I need some of these and don't want to pay $7 plus the $6 for shipping (7 of them). If anyone has any extra I would love to buy them from you. Thanks
  15. We have cannons and they are fine.
  16. Ugly sticks #1101 light action 9'. We use these year round w/ zero problems. Big kings or brownies, it doesn't matter. I think they are about $55/rod. Check Walmart.
  17. IBay looks pretty good until you get to the southern most parts where the north wind stacked up all that muddy water. The rest of the bay looks stained.
  18. Gotta bite, Try the snubbers from Dreamweaver. I've never had one break and they are not as bulky. Smalltaulk, ditto to what Jolly II said and you won't pull your hair out when the fleas arrive by late June.
  19. Happy Birthday Bri
×
×
  • Create New...