Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. Great job!
  2. Legacy and I went out sunday morning for about 5 hrs. We caught well over 100 and brought home 21 perch 8"-12". Most of them were on the bigger side and 16 of them were females. We also caught white bass, pike, bluegill, gobies and a lgmouth.
  3. This time of year they are lock jaw and are not much for chasing things. They will head up the streams toward the end or after the kings have been in. They like their eggs.
  4. A few years ago gander had a mess of them in both sizes for $3. I was a pig and bought all of them. I had heard that if you don't order 300 of any color scheme, they won't make them. Maybe stores don't sell enough of that color to order 300 of them.
  5. Are you still looking for tip ups. I have about 10 wooden ones I don't use anymore.
  6. MCF, I think you have come to the wrong place then. Letting us know the general area of this store would help a lot or us "tire kickers" will move on. If it was within an hour or so from me, I may take a look, because I don't know, then I won't be able to give any thought of making an appt. w/ you. Good luck in selling the stuff, I have to go change the wrap on my broken toe now.
  7. We have all diawa 47lc's that are from 2-20 years old and we have not once burned a clicker out. Some guys come on my boat and immediatly turn them off every time they reel in and then when I go set the rod, pull the lever back, "BIRDS NEST!" Maybe some guys have a habit of turning them off.
  8. I'm in if you do it. I'll take best available player cus I wont be able to draft.
  9. Ditto to what larry said.
  10. Black here
  11. Brian, "Wonderfull"? This is forcing me to bring out "Man Rule #7". "When on a fishing forum that consists of mostly men, you may never use the word "Wonderfull" or any other word that was mentioned on "Leave it to Beaver".
  12. Congrats Paul! You are now first mate of a stroller r.
  13. Nice fish jerry! If we get that east wind, the brownie div. will fill up and their probobly be a new leader this weekend. I'll be sure to wake you up for your charter on sunday when we troll by the house.
  14. Fished till 11am today and ended up 9-11 in about 90-100fow west of the creek. Riggers 70-85'down and 8 color core w/ 4oz dive bomb w/ silver j-plug. On the riggers the fish took nk28's- metallic frogs and nbks. We did browns, bows and kings w/ the biggest only being 12lbs. Had a major on the wire that took my blk/slvr mag. Couldn't get the flashers goin today. For the most part it was slow except that 9am-10am window. Plus, we never took a fish trolling west, only east. Had about 4 water spouts around the sandy area this morning w/ one being about 200yds away! I heard of a couple of boats that were even closer! Good luck.
  15. Had a half day trip in the morning and worked the 80-120fow area east of the creek. We finished 6-9 w/ most of them bows but we did get one king about 28 1/2lb's. Seemed to be pretty slow out there for everyone. Riggers were 50-70' down, dipseys 200' out and the 10 color lead w/ 2oz dive bomb got hit a few times. Best spoon was the nk28 NBK. Best flasher was the green/glow Smartfish w/ gr/glow fox fly on the wires. I'll be back out Sunday morning. Good luck!
  16. Thanks guys. Here you go:
  17. Here are some pic's of the awards ceremony. It lasted about 11/2 hours and they raffled off many many items including a 50/50 that my team won. Northern King also sent everyone home with a couple spoons also. Everyone that is involved with that derby are great people and their work on it is greatly appriciated. Grand Prize Winners! (Rob & Chris) Rob was so excited when his raffle ticket was called Chris w/ the Grand Prize speech The final leaderboard
  18. Fished sat. 6-2pm and had a good day in about 440fow. Finished 11-15 w/ mostly bows and a couple of kings. The biggest king was 20lb's. 50 - 65' down was the best on the riggers and 180 - 230' on the wires also fired. Orange nbk stingrays and green nbk 28's were the best today. After about 12pm it really slowed down out there, but everyone had a great time and will be back again. Sunday we derby fished and stayed inside 100fow. Had a horrible day keeping fish on and ended up 5 - 12 with the biggest about an 8lb brown. I don't think I've ever seen as much bait in my life out there. We fished till 10:30 and my screen was solid bait 80% of the time. Nothing particular on spoons. 50fow early was good then 90 - 100fow was o.k. mid morning. Their were a lot of big hooks in there also, but I'm sure their bellies were full. I think everything is setting up nicely for the L.O.C. derby.
  19. Hey Frank, 2 and 1/2 - 3 times the length of your flasher is all you have to remember. See ya.
×
×
  • Create New...