Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. We'll be fishing it also. Heading up thursday morning. Good Luck to everyone.
  2. Hey! That looks like my boat!
  3. Nice job ray. Gotta be a little tough by yourself.
  4. Even though I have fished mother's day in the past, it was NOT a good decision on my part. Last year was the first year I didn't.This is what the wifey looked like after fishing that day . I've never liked them dates either and even though the grand prize hasn't been caught on the west end lately, they do get most of the king and laker entries. I fish it for the enjoyment of it and hope I may get a rainbow or brown to weigh in. This year I am celebrating mother's day on Sat. the 2nd so I can go to wilson for the scotty tournament. That did make things a BIT better w/ the wife.
  5. I use the regular size flies and have no problem putting the coho's or bows in the boat. My best set up is wire dipsey 30'-80' out set on a #3. Flasher/fly or spoons (c-5 five of diamonds or 28's trolled fast).
  6. High techs and ass. spoons.
  7. Hi-techs and the ass. spoons are all that's left.
  8. Their lure prices went up too. $9.00 for a moonshine now. $6.00 for a stingray. I bought stingrays online for $4.75. I used to live in that store and now they can kiss my !@#. Their slicing their own throat and I'm not sure how long they'll be around.
  9. Try saying that again 3 times fast!
  10. Better check your ladder Rob. You do live close to the creek.
  11. Wow Rob, your good.
  12. Spring cleaning is here. This is whats for sale. 71 High techs - $70 or $1.25each 18 Zippers - $15 or $1each 20 ass. spoons - $8 or .50each 14 Southport Slammers - $5 or .50each 16 R&R's - $20 or $1.50each 46 NK(D-4) - $45 or $1.25each 28 Pro Kings - $35 or $1.50each
  13. I would say most of them were males that were squirtin all over the boat.
  14. A buddy and I fished Ibay from 645-1230 this morning Hit a bunch of spots looking for some consistent action and did our best in front of the newport blow boat club. 25-35 fow. Did about 45 perch keepers w/ the biggest at 12". Fatheads and red/chart 2" twisters were the best. From what we saw and heard it was pretty slow today. I guess we were fortunate. Time to start hitting the big lake now. Good luck
  15. Wanted to take a break from building my little girls "mini" hotel in the back yard so I hit long pond this morning for 2 hours. Sucked out loud! 3 big perch and I only saw 2 other small ones caught. I don't know whats going on lately.
  16. Tie mine w/ st-41 1/0 owner treble. It works just as well as when I used to use the "tournament tie".
  17. Happy bday Brian!
  18. Will this help fuel the fire Jerry? After this year, no cleaning fish in the lake after a charter.
  19. Caught 5 today in 3 hours at long pond this morning. Everyone around me had 0-2 fish each. It pretty much sucked out loud. The water was fairly murky, but I've caught plenty of perch in the past w/ dirtier water. I just don't think they are in there heavy yet. It should get better in the coming days.
  20. Looks good Rick! Maybe I need to get the "mini fox" out of the barn now.
  21. Try: red 00 dodger/blue fly - 15" leader silver or copper 00 dodger/your fly of choice - 15" 8" firetiger smartfish/blue fly - 22" leader five of diamond c-5's and various stingers work the best for me. Coho's are a very curious fish. I keep my leads on my riggers around 15-30' when I'm fishing the top 30'. This is just a quick guideline and you will get other responses that could be totally different. Their are also too many variables that could change the color or size of your lures. Also I only use 4" flies.
  22. Same here. It's turned out to be a nice hobby. You can tinker w/ colors and not spend much $.
  23. Finally, someone else thinks the dreamweaver hooks stink. I've been looking for replacement hooks also. I ran out last year replacing DW's. I like the spoons, but I'm not going to buy them if I need to change hooks.
  24. Thanks Joe. They are great boxes.
×
×
  • Create New...