Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. Double whammy today. An "under the weather" boat and family obligations. Sounds like the whole south shore is lit up right now.
  2. Good job Matt! Sorry I about the phone tag. I'll talk to ya before we leave this week. Good luck in the morning.
  3. Nice Rob. Wish I could have got out today.
  4. Jerry, paul was struggling early and I gave him an earfull about his speed. He was doing better when we left at 11am. Sometimes he should leave the helmet at home!
  5. Plenty of boats? Were you high? I know we talked out there and I even saw you all morning. Was that really you? Ghost? Dude............
  6. Great fishing today for us and the few other boats that were out. I was surprised on a holiday weekend of the lack of boats. Fished till 11am and went 14-19. Mostly 2-3 year old kings a few bows and a token laker. 19# was the biggest and last of the day in 65fow, dipsey out 100' w/ blue sd and mirage fly. Everything else was between 80' and 120'. Dipsey's 60-100' out, leadcore all the way out and riggers between 25 and 60' down. Early on was c-5's on the dipsey's and pink/blk hi-tech's on riggers. Later in the morning it was monkey puke fishlanders on the lead and bumble bee dreamweavers on riggers/dipsey's. Good luck, were done for the weekend.
  7. I love having that much backing now. I also put a 30' piece of 30# mono between the backing and core, if I need to use the boards.
  8. I don't think so. We use 1200' of 30# power pro on a diawa 57lc.
  9. It's probobly too late in the season for trout. You will find pike though if you wan't.
  10. Many years ago we had an old lady as our spotter and they called off fishing after 2 hours, so we had a 8 mile ride south to olcott w/ HUGE waves from the east. It was pretty tense and we actueally had the life vests out! Well this lady wouldn't stop talking so my dad finally said,"shut the f#@k up lady!". We thanked him later after we cleaned our shorts. Also kicking the crap out of the fish during a thunderstorm and downpour. We ended up winning. Too many others along w/ lots of pukers.
  11. Nice job rob! We'll be out this weekend. Call me. BP Swing, channel 72
  12. We put the braid away come july. Flea magnet. If you only have 2 dipsey rods I would go w/ the wire for sure. You will be sorry by july if you don't.
  13. Ended up w/ 3 bows this morning. all around that 100' area. 25,35 and dipsey 50' back. 3 diff. color 28's took the fish.Looked like kings on the bottom w/ 42degree water 80' down. Couldn't get them to go. Today wasn't very good but it was an improvement over the last 2 weeks.
  14. The temp was 42 at 60' and 43 in 25' when we left at noon. But it seems the fish followed the bait and it's setting up nicely for this month. In the past 3 or so years we've had awesome fishing from may through june w/ big bows and coho's. It looks like this year too if the weather gets more consistent.
  15. The bait is on shore and plenty of fish on the graph in 60fow. A bow, laker and missed one is how it went today. I don't think it will be long for the fishing to pick up. The fish were down to about 50' and lots of lock jaw. Back out on sat.
  16. Good fish Rick. I wish I were up there w/ ya. Sandy sucks right now.
  17. Fished on a buddy's boat sat. am and managed 1 laker fishing 20'-80' of water. Fished on our boat sunday am and managed 1 for 2 w/ a brown. Their were about 6-8 boats out and my brown and another boats 17# king was the only fish I heard taken. The last 2 weeks have been real bad. I've never seen it so depressing. I'm going one day this week before the weekend . I'll report after. It should improve soon cause it can't get any worse!
  18. Sailboats always have the right of way over a power drivin vessel even if your trolling. Unfortunately he pulled a "dick" move on you.
  19. I cleaned B@E out fri afternoon. Sorry
  20. "nuthin but net" keeps their boat at sandy creek marina. If your going to fish sandy I would try a new name. They fish quite a bit. Sorry for the bad news.
  21. Yes the rubberband works. I use it on the leadcore.
  22. We'll be there sat. morning to put in also. Bruce gave the ok to a buddy of mine for thursday evening . If he's in, were in!
  23. I think the fish are coming tues. the 22nd. Bob holdon is in charge. If you want more details let me know.
×
×
  • Create New...