Jump to content

58Johnson

Professional
  • Posts

    346
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 58Johnson

  1. I agree with the home made comment. Especially cause the topside tapes mirror each other. Only catch is that I have two and that is a sign that it was bought by me as a packaged spoon - I always buy my spoons in pairs when I can. It is a great darker spoon now that gobies are in my lake. Still, I am starting to think this is a custom of some kind.
  2. Blank size looks like a Dreamweaver DW size. Took this nice fish last June:
  3. Also, this spoon has a bronze/brown painted top under the pattern tapes Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  4. Do the Krocodile spoons have the prism tape on the top? (This spoon has the prism tape on the bottom)
  5. Anyone know this one?
  6. Got out from Meyers on Friday with plenty of clearance in a small outboard. It will be borderline if it goes down much more. Current Lake level is 380.77 ft for reference.
  7. Fjaq...great resource....Thanks!
  8. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  9. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  10. Day 1 results Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
      • 1
      • Like
  11. Payout for 4 biggest (weight) Lake Trout Payout for 4 biggest (weight) silver fish (Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Landlock Salmon) Payout for 3 biggest (weight) Bass Payout for biggest (weight) fish overall (all divisions combined) of the Derby = Lunker prize (These are single fish- not a box)
  12. No Towboat available on Cayuga Lake. Tow insurance covers big lake areas. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  13. This scenario happened on Cayuga Lake. Cayuga is a lake with no Towboat US available. Since we have extremely limited options there is a code of ethics where we help each other out whenever possible. I agree that some situations may occur that you can not assist. That is very rare on Cayuga. I lost several hours during a tournament towing in a fellow LOU member years ago. The repayment for that will be when someone rescues me someday down the road. (Does this look familiar Aaron/stoneam2006!)
  14. BARNEY BALDWIN 4th Annual One Day Fishing Derby Results
  15. Entry Form Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  16. Shameless Plug..... The Reel Rage trolling spoon manufacturer is a stand up guy. I do not know him other than that I purchased some really, really nice custom painted spoons from him. He was great to deal with. We all screw up. I would be pretty sure (if that IS the spoon guy's boat) that it was just a whoops. Hopefully he did not cut off your copper. Add this to your 'You should have seen what happened to us on the lake today!" stories and go enjoy the great fishing Cayuga has to offer.
  17. Just park in the upper lot by the entrance booth and they will leave a note on your windshield to pay on the way out.
  18. I had a great transaction with Landshark too. Sorry to hear you had some communication issues. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  19. Fleas are at a medium level. Definitely 30lb test needed. This hot weather will make them much worse. Weeds have been my enemy. Need some steady winds to blow them away.
  20. Be sure to get a two cylinder. That will rule out the six most likely. A single cylinder will vibrate just like your two-smoke.
  21. The Sutton logo (777) is the third generation logo. This is thought to be when Jack Stafford purchased the tooling to make Sutton’s. Generation 1 Scott R. Sutton 1864-1911 Generation 2 George Wells 1911-1929 Generation 3 Jack Stafford 1930-? Generation 4 Jack, Jim and Jeanne Stafford (It is rumored that Jack or Jim had a hard time hand stamping the spoon numbers in the center of the logo so they redesigned the logo to make stamping spoon numbers more efficient) Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  22. Here is a 77 that has the mark of a third seven. The spoon is the shape of an 88 (see third picture for comparison) but slightly smaller. I had never noticed the third 7. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  23. Nearest launch would be Treman state park in Ithaca Next closest would be Meyers Park in a Lansing Taughannock state park has a low bridge to get under. You might not be able to get under. I would avoid After that you would need to head a ways north to Deans Cove on the west side and long point on the east
×
×
  • Create New...