-
Posts
346 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by 58Johnson
-
I launched out of Meyers today. I have a very shallow draft boat (Arima) and I had an adventure getting out. You must turn to the right at the end of the mooring area/handicapped lift and circle all the way around the outside boat slip area (in a big U). You can't cross over the middle, you have to make the big U. I got stuck near the last dock before the channel. I never figured out the right way to get through there. I backed out of my stuck and made it through by cutting the corner pretty tight then swinging wide as I reached the channel. Lots of mud kicked up but I made it. Stay in the middle area of the channel. I had the spotting help of another fisherman who had driven down to check out the launch. I owe him a beer for his advice! I got stuck coming in in the same area as going out, but got unstuck by using a little motor power. I ran sticks off boards and only managed to mangle some mini salmon with the multiple trebles. Oh yeah, the person who said no ladder needed...you are a funny guy. Check the picture out! (I can literally drive my boat under the dock)
-
Cayuga Cayuga/Treman/Taughannock 2/24/18
58Johnson replied to Fjaq's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
I took a look at the Meyers launch today. There was little chance of getting out there also. (One hopefull thing was that the nearby creek was flowing strong after the snowmelt.) Shore fisherman went home empty handed that I spoke with. -
for sale : usa Spoon lots
58Johnson replied to show me the money's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
You have a PM
-
Sold / Closed Tournament Tie Rigs with Rattles and e-chips and plain (8) and (8) assorted ATOMMIK flies
58Johnson replied to troubles's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
You have a PM -
Two New Ugly Stick Dipsy Rods
58Johnson replied to Landshark's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Landshark you have a PM -
Frabill stuff is a great deal. The limited sizing selection is a factor there. That's high end stuff at a great price. I found the better FroggTogg line. That looks really good. The Red Ledge is a new brand to me. It is available at a local store. Ill take a look in person. The easily packs away feature is great. Thanks for the suggestions. I had not looked at any of them before you folks pointed them out.
-
What are your suggestions for summer weight rain gear? I have shredded several cheapie suits. The only cheapie suit that lasted was a yellow Big Bird suit, but that one is on its last legs. I'm looking for something that will last several seasons at the least. What brand do you use? Do you prefer bibs with a jacket? I'll spend the $100 plus if I can find a durable rain suit that is summer freindly.
-
Aaron...Your 110% positive attitude towards everything (including fishing) is great to be around. We have all caught fishing fever but you pretty much made all of us look lazy with your go for it attitude you displayed this year! It was a blast getting you on your first silvers. The rainbow pic says it all. Beautiful fish.
-
Stix you have a PM
-
Possible Cayuga Lou All tournament October 15th???
58Johnson replied to Iron Duke's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
58Johnson is in -
Sold / Closed Spro ball berring swivels
58Johnson replied to PolarBear's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
I'll take 4. Check your PM. -
-
Open seat cayuga Wednesday morning
58Johnson replied to [email protected]'s topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
cheese you have a PM -
Dewitt, Manlius, Fayetteville, Cicero, Camillus, Baldwinsville are some of the most desirable areas that have good schools (but may stress your budget). Clay, Liverpool, North Syracuse are also good areas. There are more nice areas too. Again, hit the suburbs - all have some areas that may suit your needs.
-
-
-
Cayuga Back from LA and heading to Cayuga for some silvers
58Johnson replied to Sk8man's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
Les, I found the bait situation today (friday 6/30/17) in the exact same depths as you listed. Most of the bait was bottom oriented and in 40-80 ft of water. I could only find a few isolated suspended clouds of bait out over deep water. Those deep water bait clouds forced me to fish down 45-70 ft. Only small shakers were hitting out over the deep water. Could not find the Bows or bigger Salmon out deep (I fished the upper column too) and surprisingly no Lakers either. ps. The bite turned on reasonably good fairly early, just no big fish. Then died out to nothing. -
Snuck out before work. Fished north of Boy Scout camp. Small flurry of bites early then slow. Nothing big. Trolled all the way back to Taughannock and got a nice Brown. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
Lake trout are mainly on the bottom. Anywhere from 40 ft deep to 120 ft deep. Lake trout are the easiest fish to find and catch on this lake. You will also pick up lakers higher up when fishing for rainbows, browns and salmon. Bows, browns, and salmon are located in the top 30 ft of water or so. Look for bait on your fish finder and fish around that. Green is a favorite color for Cayuga, but colorful stuff is working now in the turbid water we are seeing. The gold backed silver Sutton spoons or for that matter any Sutton spoon is the universal Finger Lakes spoon. In non Sutton, Bows like pink, orange and other bright colors. Weeds are beginning to show up. Hopefully the wind will blow them to one side of the lake or the other. If fishing is a chore because of the weeds, pick up and run to the other side of the lake. Good luck!
-
-
Cayuga 5/28 Fished out of Meyers starting at 6am. Ran north. Rainbows came out to play. None too big but a couple of good spurts of action. Lakers and Salmon were in the mix too. Saw very little bait. Just fished where the bite turned on. Other trollers were really well behaved for a busy Holiday weekend. Riggers, split shot and 2 color all took fish. Small spoons in copper, green and wonderbread all worked. Off the water by 9:30.
-
Barney and Bears Spring Derby 2017 Day 1 Results
58Johnson posted a topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-
Stoneam you have a PM





