I fished the western Erie twice and each time we saw big walleyes wallowing around on the surface??? I did not understand that and never went back after the second time, just was too easy, did not seem like fishing to me.......jk
No bass on purpose for me. I like lakers jigging. If one of your smallies bite, we will eat them but that is rare.......jk
no bass on purpose for me, I a a
Hay sharks under 100 pounds are great eating fish. I was there40 years ago on a boat ride to a far away place and we found some Japanese Hawaiian guys to fish form shore with. High up on some cliffs, It was a real science with their gear and setup. Big 10/0 reels caught some monster permit type fish. Lots of sakie and good times.....jk
I have been told (second hand) that in stocked stream trout if the meat is red it means they are being feed shrimp by products. So it is probably diet related, some lakers like mid water bait and others like the bottom guys????????
Gobies
What Finger lakes have them? I saw the photo from Cayuga with the three from that lakers. A friend told me he has them in the Delaware River between NJ and NY. I am mainly a jigger so do not have much experience with them. Do all the finger lakes have them? Thanks......jk
"a place on the saw mill land over on the Oswegotchi River" Now I really have to get to meet you. That is is just a few miles from where I trap in NY. See you Sunday......jk
pheasantguide is that just a normal Swan, it looks small compared to what we see flying by? They seem much bigger, I am not much of a water fowl guy but a trapper and they seem a lot bigger, I see a flock occasionally of 50 to 70 in some of my beaver swamps......jk
I use their credit card, are those rebates you talk about the the ones I get every months? Mine are only for $20 but it spends like money to me......jk
A little off topic......Who all is going to the Watkins flea market next week? Would to meet up with you guys after it is over.....jk it has been great talking to you on this web site