Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sanitarium

Members
  • Content Count

    347
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sanitarium

  1. Awesome!... I am a bit jealous! Thanks for the post and great pics.
  2. not sure I launched a 18' lund with no issue. drive straight in and out of the chute though. very shallow on east side trim motor accordingly!
  3. Nice job! Pretty sure u were setting up as we trolled heading east in the black lund. We boated 7 browns. Got 2 near ginna then the others to the east. Silver black seemed the best color. Clear clear water for sure! kinda curious how the two drift boats... and the guy anchored in the restricted area did.
  4. I never get to step #6! Tastes too good!
  5. Thanks Guys! Hoping the next trip goes smoother and is more productive... !
  6. diawa saltist 30's! i used to use reels with 24" retrieve and hated to bring them in while pulling gear let alone with a fish. Stepped on a boat that had saltists on the dipseys and I fell in love. high speed retrieve is great for keeping tension and reeling down while working a fish. Torque is a non issue to me..., plenty of it. Drags our awesome! Granted the line counter is somewhat ill placed but as others have said you get used to it &/or just shift grip a couple inches higher. i use clarions on coppers and long cores. love them too. Good luck!
  7. Launched out of river at 330pm ish for a quick trip. Was greeted at the end of pier heads with lots of floating ice. Was not sure as we approached if we could get thru but it was no big deal. Trolled to the west in semi stained water. The really stained from river was heading east. (should we have trolled east?) boated one brown on the initial west troll near Russell. had another definite hit and brief fight then nothing. We thought we had some other hook ups but after ending trip with 2 snags began to wonder if those other "hits" were snags. kinda thought gear was running high enough to avoid snags but considered inlet pipes or some other man made item lying in front of russell as being the culprit. Fished 9-20fow, roughly. Brown hit a chart/white stickbait. I still dont have a spring program figured out, but its too early to get too concerned.
  8. great looking flies! Keep em coming! My order will be coming soon!
  9. you bring up some good points Jason. I started doing it while fishing the fingers so fish size might be a factor as well as bait size i suppose. Though sawbellies can get pretty big in Seneca too. Kind of a pain to switch the fly around. based on input so far it looks like i might not change what i am doing it seems to work for the most part. Thanks
  10. I have done something similar with salmon also. I used panko breadcrumbs both plain and spicy. I placed the formed patty in pankos and coated both sides then fried. nice crispy coating. Definitely a great way to eat any fish. kids liked it too! I made it "healthy" by putting it in a wrap with a bunch of dill pickles and tomato.
  11. any cut. just cut across grain and in small strips.
  12. The culprit to 95% of my broken hooks was the guy wielding the pliers and yanking, wrenching, and twisting the hook out of the fishes mouth(i am guilty too). the other 5% was stepping on the hook.
  13. luremaking.com. I bought black eagle claw laser sharp 3x very happy so far. reasonable price too
  14. I have some flies that are shredded too or that the color has disappeared and they still work as good as the original. some flies are much different looking color wise if run one way or the other though. So many variables! Thanks for thoughts so far!
  15. How many of you run the fly with thread showing vs reverse with material covering the thread? Thanks!
  16. I have made this a bunch of times and it is awesome. Use fresh ginger not powdered! I put the cornstarch in a zip loc and add small amounts of meat at a time and shake. put coated pieces on plate to rest. This helps starch bind to the meat. Dont skimp on the sauce either! For recipe google: PF Changs Mongolian Beef. Enjoy!
  17. I use the Daiwa saltist. It is pricey but I think its worth every penny. High speed retrieve, has been flawless for 4 seasons with moderate use. great drag out of the box. The 30 holds 1000' of wire. good luck
  18. Ranger all the way, coated basket and telescoping octagonal handle!
  19. Sanitarium

    Keuka Lake

    The Beverage Baron/bait shop in PY can give you an idea of conditions also.
×
×
  • Create New...