Jump to content

seeyawader

Members
  • Posts

    201
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by seeyawader

  1. Fished out of Mexico point this Saturday. Lots of trailers at the marina. Fished solo,,,started in 60fow and pointed out,,,once I hit 185 FOW started to get bites,,,out in front of the dunes. No boats were around me and fish seemed to be active,,,went 2 for 5,,,with a couple throwbacks 2 year olds. Had fun for a last go around and was relaxing. If anyone is still going out I would recommend going out to that depth, if you get tired of lockjaw stagers. Started at 10am and fished until 3pm
  2. That time of year tons of salmon are staging 80-120 feet out in front from salmon river to north pond. You will see a parade of boats out there for sure in those depths. When I owned a cottage on North pond I would go straight out of the channel and start in 80 foot then go out. Had some good days however staging kings are a pain in the ass to get to bite,,you will mark 100,000 fish and maybe get a couple,,sometimes more,,, some days. Usually I would start in close for stagers and if they are not biting then move deeper. Offshore 300-400 can be productive for 2 year olds if they are there.
  3. Fished out of Port Ontario last few days. Summary of a couple trips,,,Lots of fish marks 110 to 130fow in front of the dunes. Had a hard time getting them to bite. Most productive water was 350-400 FOW in front of the plant,,,copper, 350-400 coppers, went well, riggers set in thermocline down 80-90 feet went well,,,all spoons,,,, Friday, Went 3 for 5, 2 salmon, 1 brown, today,,, (Saturday) went 4 for 9 on salmon out deep. All were around 10-14 lbs,,,Fleas were horrible yesterday, then better today. Fished until 11 am both days. Just the morning. Wasn't any boats around me.
      • 4
      • Like
      • Thanks
  4. Fished Braddocks out of West point Marina with the grandkids early this week. First time in that marina and it is beautiful with huge docks. No serious fishing took place, got out around 9-10 am a couple days, seemed to have decent marks in 100-120 FOW, went out to 250 picked up a nice 14 pound salmon and a decent steelhead. Heavy currents, and being an east end guy I am amazed that you can get good temperature down 60 feet after a hard blow like last weekend. Looked like good fish marks and probably could have done well if I could have got out earlierIMG_20260622_181156.heic
      • 3
      • Like
  5. Ok thanks for the tip! I move around the lake from Mexico to wilson but not familiar with braddocks, the only reason I'm there is my son is flying out of rochester,,,,any way to get my kids and grandkids fishing,,,lol
  6. Ah crap, thanks for the reports guys, I will be fishing braddocks on Monday Tuesday and appreciate your posts, I wouldn't care as much but I have a couple little grandkids I wanted to get a fish for them.
  7. I'm rotting out of Mexico bay this morning, one cisco, only saw a couple boats out,,real slow. Only couple small browns yesterday. We used one of my magnum spoons to eat potato salad, that's the most spoon bites I've gotten
  8. Nope, they love Kamala harris, AOC, Bernie Sanders and Mamdami, never thought I would ever see the day that politicians would run on socialism and win,,,we are in trouble
  9. I am renting an Airbnb at bucks pond braddocks Bay area, I have a penn yan 255 intruder and want to know what Marina would be good for a transient slip for next weekend? Would prefer west of if you think the salmon fishing would be better that way. Thanks for any help
  10. This thread is spam from the beginning and nothing to do with lake ontario fishing. Sorry to bring to the top again,,,admin needs to create a political topic!
  11. Thank goodness for trump, 370 million to build and 47 million to maintain, what results has that benefitted, they couldn't list one in the article,,,what a pork barrel
  12. You can stay at the best Western in Oswego, right on the river, you can tie your boat right to the wall,,,come down in the morning, grab breakfast and hop on your boat just outside the door,,it's great,,,just have to pay a little more
  13. Fished out of Oswego on Sunday afternoon and monday morning. Fog sucked on Monday. Some browns around the harbor seen caught, but I went deep looking for salmon. Trolled out to 320 feet and around, just couldn't find any salmon. Very Few marks but couldn't move a rod. Maybe someone else found something out there but not me, not much of a report.
  14. Lake trout in the summer when the water warms up and thermocline sets in is the easiest time to target them in my opinion. They sit on bottom in the icewater and you basically bounce your down rigger balls off the bottom using cowbells to get them to hit. Usually 110 to 150 FOW, At times they are so close to the bottom in the summer they blend with it. I'm only familiar with east end lakers so someone else will have to help you with hamlin area....at times in the summer it's like a lake trout factory with lots of marks, east end charters rely on them at times In the summer when king fishing is slow.
  15. 15-25 fow,,,,my AP wasn't working well so I unplugged it, after that I just had an alarm and it wouldn't engage,,goofed around with it for a long time,,Sunday it magically started working again,,,,I have a 26 foot Penn yan intruder so it is pretty stable in the wind up to a point
  16. Fished oswego Saturday and Sunday solo. Fished east of Port and caught 7 browns on Saturday, and a few on Sunday, surprisingly calm on Sunday morning, lots of browns around, chocolate water. NBK best spoon. My stupid auto pilot went out on Saturday in the strong south winds, so was fun trying to reel a fish in, I was the penn yan going in circles with the fish on. Only ran one down rigger rod and one floating rapala on the other rod but had fun.lol
  17. Curious what your thoughts on when it's safe to put your I/O in the water then pull it out and leave it on a trailer. Other year I have put my boat in around April 20th, but would be nice to fish eater weekend this year,,,any thoughts on your dates or just watch the weather?
  18. Here is my tip,,,don't waste a lot of time on the stagers,,,if they don't bite then go deep,,,I fished Mexico Bay from 450 feet to 40 feet and in-between on Sunday and Monday. Caught 2, and trolled forever. Heard offshore toward canada line was good out of Oswego but I didn't get far enough I guess,,,,wish I did but those staging fish marks screw me every time.
  19. So as a first year panoptix user I've thoroughly enjoyed it. For my setup, because of the angle of my panoptix transducer, and the blowback on my rigger cables ,,the fish marks and depth come onto my traditional sonar a few seconds before the panoptix picks them up. Which is cool to watch,,,also the traditional sonar doesn't show which side of the boat the fish are on,,,port or starboard. But panoptix does,,,,Not sure how many more fish I've caught because of it,,lol,,,by adjusting the downrigger,,, as I've always adjusted before to the fish mark depth anyway. It's given me more confidence in traditional sonar when they show up on both sonars and shows more exactly what they are doing in and across the screen...not sure if this helps any,,but makes me watch screens more๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
  20. Steigercraft or a parker,,,,,twin Yamaha 150's ,,,only in my dreams
  21. Some pics from the weekend, IMG_20250715_080827.heic
  22. Finished out day 3 at the oak, found some bigger fish water around 380 FOW northwest of port, went out in the morning, took a nap midday and went back out for the evening, we had better luck in the evenings which was a first for me,,,,,we boxed out at about 9pm and motored to port in the dark. Had a 18lb, 17 lb kings and a 10lb coho. No steelhead today,,,NBK spoon and dirty goose meat with ladder back flasher fished the best. Ended up with 23 fish with a couple small ones thrown back that I don't count. Put in a lot of time pounding the couple spots that were productive offshore Put in a lot of time on the water. Perfect weather for 3 days with calm waters which is very rare in this sport....joe
  23. Day 2 at the oak, 8 for 10, all small fish, coho, small kings and steelhead. Maybe broke 10 lbs with one fish. Cohos were good looking fish though. Mostly meat bite in 300+ FOW.
  24. Fished oak orchard from 3:30 pm to 8 pm. Went 6 for 7......4 steelhead 2 salmon. Every thing took a bite. Carbon 14 spoon,,,black eyed peas 8 inch flasher with green fly,,,meat rig dirty goose with 12 inch bam flasher. Fished 350 to 450 FOW. Nothing big but I thought it was a successful trip since everyone is saying it's slow out there.,,,joe
  25. My hats off to those charter guys in Oswego for putting browns in the boat for their clients, I could see the browns but couldn't get them to bite. And when I finally did catch one I cursed him and didn't want to bring him in the boat cause my family already went home! Yea, I know, northeast wind,,,Last weekend
ร—
ร—
  • Create New...