Jump to content

seeyawader

Members
  • Posts

    201
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by seeyawader

  1. Figured I would post on this thread. We got skunked out of mexico point this morning. Fished west to plant 10-30 feet of water. Saw couple other boats get skunked too. Fished in front of north sandy pond last evening and did ok,, 2 for 6. Not many boats up there. Should have went back.
  2. I would like to visit the show on Friday,since i am signed up for salmon school and tickets are included, is there somewhere I need to go to get my free tickets to the show?
  3. And details on the capsized? I have family fishing "off sandy pond today" what kind of boat and how many people.
  4. Tragedy for sure, prayer to the family...there needs to be a better system to gage wave height and conditions to prevent this from happening again. So many times I have looked at a report of lake conditions only to be surprised when I actually got out there that it was wrong. With the technology we have today you should be able to know at least accurate real time conditions across the lake, .,,just my 2 cents...
  5. Fished in front of north pond sat afternoon, bumpy and only caught one skipper, fished Sunday morning was calm and lots of boats but caught nothing,,,140 to 100 fow think they are still out deep,,,any luck with you?
  6. North sandy pond inlet is shallow as always, 2 foot at times, I only have a 19 foot aluminum smokercraft so I was fine, if your worried about it go to mexico point
  7. Scroll down to the "Henderson harbor" thread, lots of good info there.
  8. I just switched to 30lb wire on my 3 rods to my dipseys, less stretch when setting the hook and breaking dipseys free made easier. Don't forget the twilee tip. But when the wire line gets a nest what a pain. I found you have to spend time out there and on somedays the fish just don't want to bite. That is when the charters have the tricks up their sleeve to force the bite. Good luck you can do it!
  9. Are you sure your not fishing in the nuke plant? Or just a little too close to it,,,,too funny
  10. Fished in front of dunes Saturday, great day to be on the water, slow fishing in the morning but good bite in the evening, caught one 80 fow 50 down on meat rig, wind blowing like mad today think I'll relax today. Small craft for tomorrow,,,,hey ifishy have any tips on fall pike fishing?
  11. Do you think Ontario is big enough to fit all the boats that want to be out tomorrow? Haha I'll be out there too
  12. September kings Fished out of sandy pond on Tuesday afternoon, went 1 for 3 in 100-150 fow, bite was on meat 90 depth, Question: how long into the year do you guys run your boats? Do you normally run into October, my brother wants to plan a trip in a couple weeks
  13. Crap I shouldn't have let my 12 year old daughter name me and included salmon in my name, didn't think of that! I want to catch more fish too!
  14. Hit a big wave then went and bought a bigger boat! Wish I could do that, curious how much bigger boat did you buy? Sounds like fun!
  15. Check the weather and push back your day off one day if you have to. Suppose to get bad. Don't expect to get out an hour after the small craft advisory is lifted. Takes a while for the lake to calm down.
  16. I'm with you bassinbob, its much less likely people will post a report when they have a bad day fishing (if there is one) I fished out of sandy pond 100 to 140 feet of water on Sunday afternoon after the wind died down. Marked alot of fish mostly 80-100 feet down, bunches of them. However getting them to bite was another thing, ran dipseys,ff and spoon.200 to 300. Came up empty still trying to figure it out. Maybe the wind had them mixed up or I'm just too much a newbie.
  17. sandy pond wind Checked the lake this morning, too rough for me to venture out. Talked to 2 other guys one with a 22 footer and one with a 19 footer. They aren't venturing out either. Maybe wait till later supposed to calm down,
  18. Thanks, another question, what is optimum temperature for salmon, internet searches says 52-58,,, I see a lot of posts saying looking for 48 degree water, I'm new and just bought a probe.
  19. flashers Anyone use fish attractor slime and put it on flashers? I know its used on brown trout in the spring on spoons. Also how far back do you normally put your flasher from your dipsey diver?
  20. Thanks guys, just ordered the cheaper fish hawk, drop down reel up type. Still 6 miles out Is far enough for me in my 19 footer. 500 feet would be like 12 miles from sandy pond.maybe I'll try to catch a laker.
  21. Sorry about off topic,,,here is a report.....fished out of sandy pond Sunday morning to 150 fow, fished ff, spoons, and cutbait, maybe fish not here yet...fished 6am to 11 am. Got no probe yet so temp is a guess.FYI I'm a newbie so don't go by my point of view, still trying to figure lake fishin out. Thanks chinook35 I'll check about transducer.
  22. When I try to change my lowrence lcx-18 from 200 kHz to 50 kHz it won't let me and just beeps? Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong. Thanks
  23. 5 to 8 foot waves with occasional 9 footers for Saturday,,, I keep checking the forecast hoping it would change,,,bummer weekend
×
×
  • Create New...