Lake George-mid May

Lake George is a nice fishery. Depending where you go nice lakers and landlocked. I have had luck on small stinger spoons. I have noticed copper backs seem to produce on lakers for me. 10 color lead and riggers  and planers for salmon. The only thing is make sure you get boat washed before you put in. They are sticklers up there. Fish 307 is there and can provide a lot of up to date info.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! Bringing your boat to fish on Lake George sounds like a great plan. While I'm not familiar with the current fishing conditions there, you can try connecting with local fishing communities or online forums for insights. By the way, I've been reading about Canada's lakes and fishing culture on Norma Walton's Blog. I'm excited about my upcoming Walleye fishing trip on Lake Erie next month. Wishing you a fantastic day and tight lines on Lake George!

Here’s the rule 

Get Your Vessel Inspected

Regulations to prohibit bringing aquatic invasive species into Lake George began with the 2014 boating season and continue today. Vessel inspection technicians must inspect every trailered boat before entry into the water and decontaminate the vessel, if necessary. Once the boat has been inspected, it will receive the vessel inspection control seal (VICS). No boat will be allowed to launch without an intact VICS Seal. These rules apply to all 86 public and private launches, with a $500 fee for violators.

In addition, as of June 8, 2022, under new state law, if a DEC inspection station adjacent to a public waterbody in the Adirondack Park (which includes Lake George) is open for operation, boaters must have either a self-issuing certification or decontamination certificate from a DEC inspection station before launching into the waterbody.

Boat inspections take place at seven stations around the lake:

• Million Dollar Beach Launch: 139 Beach Road, Lake George, NY
  • Dunham's Bay Dock & Launch: 2036 Bay Road, Queensbury, NY
  • Huletts Landing Marina: 6068 Lakeside Way, Huletts Landing, NY
  • Norowal Marina in Bolton: 21 Sagamore Road, Bolton Landing, NY
  • Mossy Point Public Boat Launch: 158 Black Point Road, Ticonderoga, NY
  • Rogers Rock Public Campground: 9894 Lakeshore Drive, Hague, NY

Note: The Transfer Road Inspection Station is now closed.

Everyone knows the phrase, "It is all fun and games until _____". On a populated lake, these sorts of situations can occur, and while everyone also knows the phrase "accidents happen", many unsafe situations can be easily avoided simply by being familiar with the rules.

Lake George is a unique lake, and therefore it has special laws that differ from other lakes in the region and in New York State. These laws are enforced by the Lake George Park Commission (LGPC) and the Warren County Sheriff's Department. A boater should not enter the water without first realizing some of the different rules that Lake George